The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Listening to the Need

Deege

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
26%
Oct 12, 2008
Hey All,
Its been awhile, I've been spending a large amount of my time energy focusing on the business opportunities that arise everyday. I thought i'd come by and post a good little reminder to keep your eyes open. It helped me recognize the difference between running at a mediocre pace to running at the pace we all want to be at. A 7 figure pace.

The story starts at an interesting place, helplessly calling manufacturers of a certain product to get them to put there product on my commerce store I created. (The store is in a niche that has a couple of giant players...billion dollar a year companies, but I figured hey, head first... lets do this.) Upon moving down my list I notice the restraint I'm getting from some of the manufacturers, I assure them it will be an easy process to upload there products and I will have my team manage all there data so they don't have to worry about it, apparently this isn't the general practice in the industry. Further and further down the list I get, people are more and more impressed about the service, complaining that the larger players are so difficult to deal with, how much of a hassle it was that they just took there product off of the site.

Im thinking great! Im going to have something these guys don't!

Not quite... My biggest goof in this was that these stores had marketing budgets through the roof, the barrier to entry is way to high for my low budget venture.

But I have product these guys don't have (10s of Thousands of SKUs), what can I do with these SKU's. Ding. That was the day the competitor became my customer. The idea was to be the middle man, make it painless for my manufacturers, make a margin in the middle and call it a day.

The idea did well. Really well. Something I did not know was how much traffic the major players were getting...

Keep an eye out for those complaints guys and gals. They hold a key to successful entrepreneurship.

P.S. This was a very abbreviated version of how the whole thing went down.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

McCoyH

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
76%
Jul 28, 2013
Iowa
Id be interested in hearing the long version in a success or progress thread! :) great work

Deege

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
26%
Oct 12, 2008
I'll post a long one, here when I get an hour or so to type it up.

Spread some ecommerce wisdom hopefully.

:) thanks!

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.