• The Entrepreneur Forum | Startups | Entrepreneurship | Starting a Business | Motivation | Success
  1. Join 40,000+ entrepreneurs
    who are kicking butt and
    winning their dream life.

Unscripted™ Entrepreneurship:
    A Business That Pays More Than Money, It Pays Time.

"Fastlane" is an entrepreneur discussion forum based on The Unscripted Entrepreneurial Framework (TUNEF) outlined in the two best-selling books by MJ DeMarco (The Millionaire Fastlane and UNSCRIPTED™). From multimillionaires to digital nomads, the forum features real entrepreneurs creating real businesses.

Download (Unscripted) Download (Millionaire Fastlane)  Register
    Registering for the forum removes this block!

Lifechanging Book: The War of Art - Steven Pressfield

Discussion in 'Education, Learning, Books' started by Stefan Em, Apr 1, 2012.

1. Stefan Em

Stefan Em New Contributor Read Millionaire Fastlane

Rep Bank:
    $112
    The War of Art by Steven Pressfield was recommended to me last week, I read it in one sitting. It's about resistance to do take action, about fear - basically about every aspect of your life.

Some quotes:

"It is one thing to stdy war, and another to live the warriro's life." - Telamon of Arcadia

"We can use resistance. We can use it as a compass. We can navigate by Resistance, letting it guide us to that calling or action that we must follow before all others."

"Rule of thumb: The more important a call or action is to our soul's nevolution, the more Resistance we will feel toward pursuing it."

"Fear is good. Like self-doubt, fear is an indicator. Fear tells us what we have to do."

Seriously, have a look at it ;)

What do you guys think about this book?

http://www.amazon.com/The-War-Art-Through-Creative/dp/0446691437

Stefan

andyhaus44, FastNAwesome and shakim like this.
  2. Halffull

Halffull Contributor Read Millionaire Fastlane

Rep Bank:
    $71
    Great recommendation, one of my favorites, and always a good one to read when I feel myself entering one of my "less productive" periods.

3. theDarkness

theDarkness Bronze Contributor

Rep Bank:
    $242
    A freaking AWESOME book. I will always cherish my copy of it.

I read it as a struggling writer-in-training. I'm not sure how well the advice translates to business, but as OP said, it's so brilliant that it should probably be read anyway. And many of the lessons probably apply generally.

I haven't read it in a while, but I think a lot of what he goes into is basically dealing with process and the "desert of desertion." How do you wake up every day and stare that ugly friggin novel in the face? How do you develop the persistence to keep hacking at your words when they seem so completely god-awful?

One of the first things my mentor did in college was throw this book at me. He would give this book and one other to every n00b that showed up begging for help. I think it was basically his way of separating out those who really want to get better from those who are just jacking around. I remember being shocked that here's all these people that supposedly want to make great books, but they can't be bothered to read this little Pressfield book that they could probably read in an hour. What's the point man? Where's the damned desire? The desire to be better?--or maybe, one day, to even be great? Or even the GOAT?

4. ChrisV

ChrisV Gold Contributor Read Millionaire Fastlane I've Read UNSCRIPTED Speedway Pass

Rep Bank:
    $10,292
    bump bump bump

Last edited: Sep 22, 2018
  5. Walterbl

Walterbl New Contributor

Rep Bank:
    $77
    Added to my "to read" list. Thank you!