The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success
  • SPONSORED: GiganticWebsites.com: We Build Sites with THOUSANDS of Unique and Genuinely Useful Articles

30% to 50% Fastlane-exclusive discounts on WordPress-powered websites with everything included: WordPress setup, design, keyword research, article creation and article publishing. Click HERE to claim.

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Licensing: Venture Capital Broker Services

VZCap

PARKED
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
0% - New User
Jan 6, 2020
Does anyone have experience raising capital for early stage start ups (i.e. Series A, B, C,.....rounds)? I am trying to understand the legalities behind introducing a client to a VC firm and getting compensated when the capital raise is finalized. It seems this sort of transaction falls under broker/dealer securities laws but only in the event a transaction fee is paid from the investment proceeds. If the fee is paid with proceeds not coming from the investment proceeds does this still fall under securities law?

I come from the hard money/bridge loan world as a broker where securities laws don't come into play unless you are involved in private placements and soliciting investors under Reg D.

Brokering venture capital requests is new territory for me and I want to ensure I do things the right way from the beginning. I appreciate any feedback.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Kid

Gold Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
98%
Mar 1, 2016
This question is very law specific so i guess it might be hard to get correct answer (i'm not sure how many securities lawyers are here).

If the scheme of referring someone for being invested in is something common maybe try on startups blogs or forums.

Try to ask at Hacker News - but be warned, question might not be received well. Except for that Quora.com is an option
No more forums from the top of my head that i could refer to.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.