The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success
  • SPONSORED: GiganticWebsites.com: We Build Sites with THOUSANDS of Unique and Genuinely Useful Articles

30% to 50% Fastlane-exclusive discounts on WordPress-powered websites with everything included: WordPress setup, design, keyword research, article creation and article publishing. Click HERE to claim.

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Let the process begin

LeungJan

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
93%
Jan 8, 2013
After reading through Vigilante's great thread and trying to soak up all the information, I decided to go through with one of my ideas.

I will update you guys on how it all goes step by step but here is where I am at so far.

So Far

- Found my product

I'm fortunate to be in contact directly with some of the factories in China. Partner's family own a factory in China in this product's niche and are good friends with some of the owners of the other factories in the area. This has really given us some good prices and we have been able to weed out the pushy people who are only interested in dumping their product on you.

- Researched competitors

I'm in the UK so have researched most of our competitors here, there is only one dominant player and the products we are importing are better quality and we can offer them at competitive prices as the main player is quite expensive.

- Ordered samples

Its a pretty sucky time to be importing / ordering samples because of Chinese new year and the fact they celebrate it for multiple days... so I'm not going to get my samples until late February. However we are fortunate to have a good relationship that we can order few products and they will send them to us at the same prices quoted for larger orders. They are also willing to customise these samples to our brand.

To Do

- Create brand

This is the tricky part, we are aiming to not be the cheapest however provide quality. Still trying to settle on the name and come up with the brand logo.

- Create online shop

- Once I have the brand I can customise the online shop to fit our brand

Very excited, reading / doing as much as I can right now, going to get everything done in time for the samples to arrive. Need to confirm their quality, they source their raw materials from the best in China and so far they look very good with the pictures they have sent over. Also partner's parents have been to the factory to inspect the quality so just need to get some over to confirm this for myself.

Let me know if you have any more questions / suggestions or flaws in my strategy.

Thanks!

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.