The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Legal Risks of showing Cannabis in Vaporizer Images

All In

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
248%
Jan 24, 2014
CA, FL, and VA
What are the legal risks of showing actual cannabis flower inside of vaporizers that we sell on our website?

I have noticed virtually none of the major players in the market include actual flower in their product images,
however I am having trouble finding specific legal code at either state or national level
that would indicate as to why that would be a liability,
other than the substance itself being controlled at either state/federal level,
but of course is not what we are selling.

Any guidance is appreciated. :)

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Private Witt

Gold Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
221%
Feb 20, 2018
Oklahoma
What are the legal risks of showing actual cannabis flower inside of vaporizers that we sell on our website?

I have noticed virtually none of the major players in the market include actual flower in their product images,
however I am having trouble finding specific legal code at either state or national level
that would indicate as to why that would be a liability,
other than the substance itself being controlled at either state/federal level,
but of course is not what we are selling.

Any guidance is appreciated. :)

If you are shipping actual product that includes cannabis flower over state lines you are committing a federal crime so I'd not put images of cannabis directly on site as could be used in court against you.

But if no THC in the product there is nothing to worry about. But seems misleading to have pics of cannabis and it not be in the product, why bother?

All In

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
248%
Jan 24, 2014
CA, FL, and VA
If you are shipping actual product that includes cannabis flower over state lines you are committing a federal crime so I'd not put images of cannabis directly on site as could be used in court against you.

But if no THC in the product there is nothing to worry about. But seems misleading to have pics of cannabis and it not be in the product, why bother?
We are not shipping any controlled substances.

Thanks for the reply :)

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.