The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success
  • SPONSORED: GiganticWebsites.com: We Build Sites with THOUSANDS of Unique and Genuinely Useful Articles

30% to 50% Fastlane-exclusive discounts on WordPress-powered websites with everything included: WordPress setup, design, keyword research, article creation and article publishing. Click HERE to claim.

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Keep Riding

A detailed account of a Fastlane process...

Tryptofy

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
230%
Aug 30, 2017
Germany
Hey there! Whoa guys, what a great and inspiring forum! For my vacation last week i bought some books, one of them was The Millionaire Fastlane which i finished in one week and now I am here.

What am I doing here?
Coming from depression and light alcohol addiction I got to the point where I realized I had to change my life. This was 1.5 years ago. Since then I am working hard on myself taking more and more responsibility and accountability.

I am currently in my last semester of my computer science bachelor degree in germany. Within the next year I want to become an entrepreneur in the web environment building awesome websites/apps giving value to hundreds or thousands of people.

To improve my English skills and to document the process I am going to post here every sunday for the next year. Hopefully it provides some value for you.

What have I achieved so far?
  • Health
My whole life I didn't take any care for my health - physical and mental. I knew I had to start there be able grow in all other areas of my life. Coming from zero I am currently here:
  • eating whole-food vegan (after reading the book "How Not To Die" and others)
  • jogging 3-4 times a week (approx. 1 mile)
  • doing push and pull-ups
  • meditating every day for 10 minutes
  • getting up every day at 5 - 6 am, going to bed at 10 pm
  • Programming
Every day I spend several hours getting better at web programming. Right now I am diving into Frameworks like Slim (PHP) and Vue (JavaScript). Last semester i built with other students a navigation app in Java for Android. Prior to that i programmed a small game with Java and JavaFX.​

Whats next?
  • Rebuilding and deploying an old web project with the Slim and Vue Frameworks until the end of september (countdown for videogame releases)
    • Having at least 100 visitors per month on the website until december
  • Passing 2 exams in september
  • Gaining knowledge in marketing and economy
  • and more...

Thanks for reading. Have a great and productive day! :)

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.
Last edited:

Tryptofy

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
230%
Aug 30, 2017
Germany
What tasks do you do complete this early in the morning?
Hey surfer92, thanks for your question!

Usually I do a small morning routing in the morning: Streching, journaling and day planning (approx. 30 minutes). Every second or third day I go jogging for 20 minutes. Next I prepare breakfast for me and my girlfriend and clean up afterwards. If I have class at 8 am I have to hit the train at 7 am. On the ride I use the free time to educate myself reading books. If I am at home I start working at 8 am until 12 am with small breaks every hour.

Hope that answered your question. Feel free to ask more. :)

Tryptofy

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
230%
Aug 30, 2017
Germany
Hey! :) It's been a hard week for me. Underestimated the amount of work to do for my two exams. Somehow I had a lot of doubts if I I can archive being an entrepreneur because I have no plan what needs to be done and if I can handle all the pressure. But I think that it's normal sometimes?
Well, I am kind of over it now and at least I archived some stuff for my website project:
  • Created a new logo
  • Setup git project and basic project setup (composer dependencies, Slim Framework, landing page) and streamed the progress on twitch
  • worked on the frontend landing page design:
Screenshot-2017-9-10 http videogamecountdown app(1).png

I am not satisfied with the amount of tasks I have archived and next week it gets a lot of worse, because I have to spent at least 8h a day learning for the exams till the end of the months + family and friend get-together on the weekends. The worst thing is, that my mind tells me all the time that the time for learning is a total waste, because the stuff I have to learn there is 99% useless for me.

Tryptofy

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
230%
Aug 30, 2017
Germany
Sorry being late on my report this week. I was 2 days sick last week and had to reschedule my learning plan for my exam which took place today. That's why I didn't accomplish a lot on my project - was only working for 3-4 hours on the front page design. Well, that's unfortunaly all for the week. At least I implemented The Get Shit Done system with trello by @LightHouse which is working well for me.

That's it for now, hope to have more progress in the next week. :)

Tryptofy

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
230%
Aug 30, 2017
Germany
Next week, next progress report. :D
Unfortunaly I have to learn a lot for the last exam in this semester. It will be on saturday and I still have a lot of work ahead. I have rescheduled my web platform coding to the beginning of october since i have 10 days off before the next semester starts.

I started reading "Basic Economics" by Thomas Sowell (recommendation by someone on this forum) which gives great insight into economic principles in an easy, understandable way so far.
I'm still using successfull The Get Shit Done system - getting a lot of done with it.

That's it for now. Have a great upcoming week! :)

Tryptofy

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
230%
Aug 30, 2017
Germany
Hey there!
Not much happend last week. Had to learn a lot for the exam yesterday. Happily I passed the exam the week before! :)

I made the decision to become a full-stack webdeveloper in the next half year to have a stable income and to be able to build the projects I have in mind. I set up a roadmap today which covers front- and backend programming. I'll start tommorrow with a JavaScript book since I have nearly zero knowledge regarding that topic.

I also blocked some time to work on my website (see above) but as far as I see I won't finish it with my other goal in the pipeline. But some progress is better than none.. isn't it?

Have a good one! :)

Tryptofy

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
230%
Aug 30, 2017
Germany
Oh boy, i skipped some month here. :happy:

A LOT of stuff happend :thumbsup:
  • Passed all classes from last semester (2 to go)
  • Quit my job as a woking student at the university
  • Finished an unpaid 2 months internship at a webdevelopment company
    • Learned a ton of stuff
    • Got offered a working student job (and accepted it ;) )
    • Got paid for the initialy unpaid internship
    • Got a job offer as a software engineer for the time after i finish my bachelor degree
  • Released my Website yesterday ( www.videogamecountdown.de )
    • Threw away my old design ( see above; like 30h of work)
    • Designed front- and backend from scratch using Slim Framework on the backend, Bootstrap Framework on the frontend
    • Getting data via amazon.de and igdb.com API and mix it together
    • Optimized for desktop and mobile
    • Built in the morning before and the evening after work
Screenshot-2018-4-8 VideogameCountdown de.jpg

What's next? :fistbump:
  • Going to finish my bachelor degree this summer
  • Moving together with my girlfriend in May (update from 1 to 2 rooms :clench: )
  • Update my website with new features and build up the database over the next months
  • Looking for a new project (have already something in mind with the Ionic Framework)
  • Meeting with my first client in 1-2 weeks (website for a shoemaker)
    • Got to learn how to speak with clients (as an introvert Iam not really good at this without preparation)
  • Learn a lot for stuff in the webdevelopment field (I want to go for SAAS)
  • Have to learn how to get more traffic to my website (beside from friends via facebook)
That's it for now, thanks! :cool:

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.