The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Keep Going?

Anything related to matters of the mind

damien275x

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
18%
Oct 18, 2011
I've been working really hard for the last 2.5 months building a web based application, i'm going to setup touch screen kiosks in Offices and provied a delivery service. Mainly for groceries, quick meals, etc.. for all the time poor people. It's not totally fastlane because I need to pay for Gas, but it's still semi-fast lane because I have low overheads and no rent, also no stock because I'm going to purchace stock on order and run it into town at a markup + a delivery fee. Obviously it's slow lane until I hire people to work with me, but there's more potential for growth than at my job

My family have reacted badly. I feel like a total loser. I am 22, I had a high paying job at 70k per annum and I quit it and they just can't understand why I would do this.

So here I am, I haven't even launched, and while somewhat terrified I think I would be able to do it. But all the negative energy from everyone is having me seriously doubt my idea and I just crashed today. Went into a mess, teared up... just felt physically sick. Then I caught myself browsing a jobs board and almost filling out an application for a very similar job that I just chucked in! Why?! Why would I want to go back to that. I guess I'm sitting here procrastinating and in serious need of a You Can do it!" .. Just in a bad spot at the moment.

What do you do to keep going? I'm going to be dead one day, and I know that If I stop now... well I'll look back and go "what if" ... or wonder. *Sigh* not a good day.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Reno

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
4%
Nov 21, 2011
Seattle, WA
Keep going! You started what you started for a reason - the reasons are yours and yours alone. I am 2.5years in, flat broke, but move on undeterred (not that I don't experience despondency and doubt). NOBODY says it will be easy. The only way to achieve ANYTHING big is to take risks and overcome obstacles. I am having to learn some hard lessons and struggle, but I keep the goal in sight and have to believe I will get there.

I won't be easy, we are here (on this forum) because someone else went through the process and shared his experience. He has the luxury of sharing from a place of success because he stuck with it. None of us will get here unless we stick with it.

Burn your bridges and stick to it with stubborn persistence. That is what I have to say. I am not yet successful, but getting closer every day and one day I will arrive.

Best,

R

nipsid

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
19%
Jan 6, 2008
Phoenix
From what I understand. Someone will place an order for an item. You drive to buy the item and then drive to them with it. They pay for the item and a delivery fee?

Have you figured out all the different factors and looked to see if everything would work?

for all the time poor people.
Not sure what you mean here.

Gold777

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
32%
Nov 3, 2011
Honestly, quitting your 70k a year job wasn't very smart, and I say that under the impression that you have no other good alternative sources of income.

Keep your head up though, stay positive and if you have a vision then keep that vision in your head and goals and remember why you're doing what you're doing and where it will get you. Laugh at anyone saying that it will get you elsewhere and convert their negativity to help fuel to prove them wrong. Don't let anyone ever tell you that you can't and won't do something. Stop putting it off to the side and take action, if you know what you need to do then start doing it because not doing anything is only wasting time.

You can do it! But make sure that you have a solid business model as well. Go for it!

smmirza

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
27%
Sep 26, 2011
Hey damien,
Been there bro. I quit my 70K job with full benefits (consulting at a bank) in Chicago and moved to Phoenix. People around me think I am crazy but to me slaving at a 9-5 job making someone else TONS of money is crazy. Don't worry about what everyone else says. This is a marathon and not a sprint. After quitting my job, my mind went into survival mode and I started one business after the other. Computer repair, website design, mobile advertising and now college tutoring. The tutoring gig pays the bills while I work on my fastlane business! I know this thing can be big and it keeps me going. Just yesterday, my mom was telling me I was throwing my life away but I brought my dad's example (worked all his life in a 9-5 job and now has only 4K in his savings) and that calmed her down. Keep working on that fastlane vision and BELIEVE in yourself. There are moments of despair and anxiety, no doubt, but know that you are trying to change your reality instead of reality changing you. Good luck man!

Gold777

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
32%
Nov 3, 2011
Just yesterday, my mom was telling me I was throwing my life away but I brought my dad's example (worked all his life in a 9-5 job and now has only 4K in his savings) and that calmed her down.

Lol love that you did that and that it actually worked for you, sometimes people, parents, relatives, whoever, need to be put in check and brought to the reality of things. They need to start taking into consideration that someone is actually making goals and taking steps that could dramatically change their future for the better. Anyone who quits their job or stops going to school to create their own business is someone with a lot of balls and a lot of potential. That's not something you see happening often and it's for a reason. And I'll quote myself on this one:

"The person trying to become a millionaire, will have a much better chance of making a million dollars than the person trying to find a high paying job."

Talisman

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
89%
May 19, 2011
Australia
Too late to wonder if you've done the right thing. What's done is done.

Make the best of it. Make the next move ASAP. If it works/floats/seems like it's got a chance, great, otherwise move on (and I don't mean put the golden hand-cuffs back on).

Dont worry about making it perfect, your living is depending on this. GET IT OUT THERE.

Good luck.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.