The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Just want to say hey.

Robert Holmes

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
100%
Aug 9, 2022
Hey all, here for the first time and wanted to say hi. I'm looking forward to learning and doing something with it.

Edit: Well, the above was my initial foray into saying hi, but I found out later after looking around that there was a different expectation. I should have known, that MJ doesn't want lame on his site, and frankly the above is lame. My apologies.

Not sure where to start actually, because frankly, my journey is one of slowness. You see I'm pretty intelligent as IQ goes, but as for some things I'm really slow. I almost said low emotional intelligence, but that wouldn't be accurate. While I may suffer that to some degree, this is about not "getting it" in life. While I have never officially been diagnosed with being on the Aspergers spectrum, I’m wholly convinced I am somewhere on it. You see I’m one of the last of the Baby Boomers, born in 1964. Part of my slowness is while my last 401k contribution was in 1995, I did nothing else for retirement. That isn’t exactly correct, I did real estate, but don’t have a whole lot to show for it. I read Robert Kiyosaki's slew of books way back in 2005 or so and I got it but played things too close to the vest. I realize he does commercial real estate too, and at the time that was where it really was at in real estate. Now not so much, things are changing. Dabbled in Dave Ramseys stuff, only because I have rubbed shoulders with him tangentially. A good friend of mine is friends with him, and his office building is only a few miles from my house, at least while I lived there. (I sold my city home and moved to my vacation home) I also know a few folks who work for him. (BTW, I like his idea of no debt, but not much else. I also would never work for him, I'd rather be homeless.)

So here I am, knocking on retirement, and even though I get a check from VA, even combined with SS, I could make it, but would be miserable.

I've wandered in the desert too long and it's time I entered the promised land and set up a business that I can keep for a lifetime. I'm still on the wrong side of the river, but I know that I have help. I'm done counting on the slow lane. I know it's corny, but it is a do-or-die for me in a way.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.
Last edited:

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.

More Intros...