As I am going through a new process for budgeting monthly and getting serious about finances, I learned that the Stash investment app was charging monthly for the service. I don’t remember seeing any communications about them turning on their machine. It was only a $1.00 per month charge for the level of services they were providing to me but this was scary knowing I’ve had this app on my phone for a few years.
Attached is also something that hit my RAS was this prompt that appeared after I hit the close account button.

Lesson: Conduct a monthly cleaning on your accounts to trim anything unused or needed and stay disciplined.
Cue: First if the month
Craving: Ensure finances are clean
Response: Fill in monthly budget spreadsheet
Reward: Peace of mind
*Also realizing I only have a single source of income for my Salary/Wages box scares me.
Attached is also something that hit my RAS was this prompt that appeared after I hit the close account button.

Lesson: Conduct a monthly cleaning on your accounts to trim anything unused or needed and stay disciplined.
Cue: First if the month
Craving: Ensure finances are clean
Response: Fill in monthly budget spreadsheet
Reward: Peace of mind
*Also realizing I only have a single source of income for my Salary/Wages box scares me.
Dislike ads? Become a Fastlane member:
Subscribe today and surround yourself with winners and millionaire mentors, not those broke friends who only want to drink beer and play video games. :-)
Access Restricted: Unlock 1,000,000+ Posts
Stop Peeking Through the Keyhole.
Open the Door.
You hit a wall because the best advice isn't free—it's earned. Since 2007, MJ DeMarco has been active here daily (99.9% active rate), building a war room for entrepreneurs who refuse to settle for mediocrity.
- Active Daily: Life-changing content posted dozens of times every day. No dead threads.
- MJ's Inner Circle: Direct access to the author of The Millionaire Fastlane.
- Vetted Network: Connect with founders scaling to 7 and 8 figures.
- Proven Roadmaps: Strategy over motivation. Execution over "hustle porn."
"SCALED TO 6-FIGURE MONTHS"
"Tips and advice here saved me from huge mistakes, others allowed me to scale my business to 6-figure months."— User MitchC
"INSANE QUALITY OF PEOPLE"
"The number of high quality people I've met from this forum has been insane. All of it predicated on building real value."— User Richard Peck
"You are the average of the five people you surround yourself with."
Are you surrounding yourself with success?
