The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Just launched my brand new site!

Nikstokes

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
28%
Feb 13, 2013
Hey guys,

Its been a while since I've posted on here. I just wanted to announce my new website www.retiredyouth.com, it features interviews, articles and eventually some more content. The site is meant to inspire and educate aspiring entrepreneurs.

Just launched it yesterday. Very excited!

-Nick
Retiredyouth.com

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

smarty

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
189%
Jan 2, 2013
nice idea, nice domain, but change the theme.

Nikstokes

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
28%
Feb 13, 2013
Wow very excited! Since the site launched on the 19th there has been over 1100 unique visitors! About 700 we which were today!

Bigguns50

Platinum Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
199%
Feb 12, 2013
Sedona, AZ
Love the name and concept. I think the name is seriously marketable.

"....with the World's most successful young entrepreneurs.." I would add "young" if this is your market.

I can't offer any design suggestions as I pretty much suck at it...but it is bla. Maybe Google Great website designs to see what's out there. It may spark ideas.

Going off the cuff here...I get the concept but maybe you should tell me why I want to read/subscribe anyway....like...Learn From the Best...or..inside the minds of the successful...Read. Learn. Succeed.

Keep going ! Oh...and buy the INSIDERS subscription.... It will help protect this but you will learn SO MUCH.

RealEcon

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
20%
Jan 24, 2014
Thank you! Do you know a good site to get an email capture form?

Nick
RetiredYouth.com

MailCheat(Chimp) is free at first, for a certain amount of emails. Otherwise there is Aweber or Get Response.

Dont forget to signup to Adwords and or www.sitescout.com for free, and create a remarketing/retargeting pixel as well. Slap that code into your footer and start creating your remarketing list:)

Enki

on-ramp
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
291%
Jun 18, 2013
Cleveland, Oh USA
It was a friend who wrote for me. That's the only article I used from her and have hired a contributing writer and am in the process of hiring another one. Go to www.retiredyouth.com/making-your-business-a-brand this article was written by a writer I hired.

Give some facts!

The first practice of branding can be traced back as far as 3000 years ago. do some research and invent a story, not very many people will be able to prove your story unlikely.

Give some examples! Tell A Story!

Coca-Cola Tide Disney Pepsi-Cola etc.

Different types of brand awareness

Aided awareness and strategic awareness

I think these are the bare necessities required to provide valuable content to a site such as yours.

But really I don't know much I've only been studying how to provide valuable website content for about a week now.

maggie

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
33%
Jan 20, 2014
UK
Hi,

I like the name but it's not easy to navigate - try and make it more obvious. It's is missing a carrot to entice me in - Would it be an idea to allow the customers to hear a few minutes of an interview to capture their interest?

Maggie

A

Angus

Hi,

I like the name but it's not easy to navigate - try and make it more obvious. It's is missing a carrot to entice me in - Would it be an idea to allow the customers to hear a few minutes of an interview to capture their interest?

Maggie
This.

I'm an user, I'm lazy, I don't know where to click, too much things, I'm in panic, I leave.

Nice idea, reminds me of http://elitedaily.com/, maybe you can take some inspiration from there. :)

Gale4rc

Silver Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
107%
Sep 23, 2013
The layout looks great! The articles are good but, look not as nice as the homepage IMO

Nikstokes

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
28%
Feb 13, 2013
Thank you for all for feedback guys!

Nick
RetiredYouth.com

Lathan

Silver Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
159%
May 24, 2013
Just so you know, this thread is going to be indexed by google unless you have it moved to the INSIDERS or speedway etc. You may want to ask someone to move the thread for you. (Although, I see you aren't an INSIDERS so.... idk?)

Anyways, really cool domain name. Didn't have time to check out the actual content. Not feeling the site layout.. When I first visit the site I feel like everything is too low or something. Put more above the fold so people have more of a clear idea of what the site is about instantly. The domain kind of says it already but still. Good luck friend

Nikstokes

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
28%
Feb 13, 2013
Thank you for the input. Should I delete the thread so I don't get in trouble?

tafy

Gold Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
116%
Aug 21, 2013
UK
Yeah the header is way too big, and just R/Y logo doesnt tell you much what the site is about. The Neil Pattel interview I read was very short and didnt make me want to read more articles. Otherwise good job!

Phones

Break your boundaries
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
202%
Aug 13, 2011
Praia da Areia Branca, Portugal
This. And I only reduced the header and sideshow/image, I would also center the menus and get a better recent article lay-out.

Attachments

• mockup.jpg
    mockup.jpg
    255.9 KB · Views: 27

Miguel Rengifo

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
17%
Jan 8, 2014
Wow very excited! Since the site launched on the 19th there has been over 1100 unique visitors! About 700 we which were today!
Wow, how did you get 1100 unique visitors already? That's awesome. Btw, I like how "clean" the site is - no fluff. Great job.

Bigguns50

Platinum Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
199%
Feb 12, 2013
Sedona, AZ
Just looked at your site again. Better and better. Liked the article with Tad.

FoxFire21

Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
119%
Sep 11, 2013
Kentucky
Looking over the interviews the site seems like you're in the health and nutrition niche. I feel like you need more interviews from different niches to appeal to more people.

mentalic

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
72%
Nov 26, 2012
I agree to FoxFire about the health niche.
Concerning the design, the Search Bar at the homepage doesn't look cool there.
I couldn't find a link to your Facebook page (you sure have to build an audience)
A little more text at the about section would be nice
You have a gray area at the top, probably the template originally had some links there. If you are not using it, you should delete it
MailCheat(Chimp) subscribe code should blend better with the footer

Nice domain, topics and pictures :)

Nikstokes

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
28%
Feb 13, 2013
Ya I'm trying to get as many interviews as possible, I jusy happen to know a lot of ceos in the fitness industry lol

Nick
RetiredYouth.com

RealEcon

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
20%
Jan 24, 2014
How will you monetize this?

The site design is a bit bla.

Agree, but like the simple logo.

Needs an email capture form and a remarketing pixel/script on there and he's good to go:)

Nikstokes

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
28%
Feb 13, 2013
Agree, but like the simple logo.

Needs an email capture form and a remarketing pixel/script on there and he's good to go:)

Thank you! Do you know a good site to get an email capture form?

Nick
RetiredYouth.com

AubreyRose

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
295%
Nov 25, 2013
San Diego
Looks cool! Great name for sure! The logo makes me think of high-end men's apparel. Not sure if you're shooting for that, but as a woman it's not something that looks targeted to me at first glance.
typo: it doesn't matter if you 15 or 55

AubreyRose

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
295%
Nov 25, 2013
San Diego
"If you use and live by positive thoughts, an entrepreneur can make it in life and achieve all of their goals. Negative mind sets will only hinder one’s goals, and leave entrepreneur in a place that they do not want to be."

Was this content outsourced? Because it needs an editor badly.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.