The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

It's right in front of you, you just cannot see it.

Anything related to matters of the mind

NHS

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
21%
Jul 16, 2010
I can see myself years down the road, I can see 6 months, but seeing right this moment is kinda hard. What baby step can I take right this moment to bring me to my goals?

I always have the answer I just cannot see it. Well I saw one of those steps I can take just last week. One week later it's already paid off. I haven't made profit but I have already gotten back every penny I spend last week and am sitting on a few thousand in product right now.

I am going to buy a cargo van tonight. It's not pretty but it is reliable and will pull in thousands doing something I love. If it wasn't for the fact that I am so excited I might just kick myself in the head for not realizing this years ago.

I have just doubled my income in one week. :urock2::fastlane:

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

FAQ

PARKED
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
0% - New User
Jul 23, 2010
Norway
Speed+++

How much are we talking about here? Now and potential growth.

What product?
How much do you pay for X products?
How much do you sell X products for?
How du you sell them?
Who do you sell them to?
How much are the expenses connected to buying and selling X products? (How much do do you need to sell to get in the black?)

Smooth

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
2%
Mar 20, 2010
Write a business plan. Sure, its daunting and very time-consuming, but you will come up with the most detailed plan ever. You think you have things mapped out in your head, but you don't have it perfected, trust me.

I write an updated business plan every January. I probably reference it twice a week in order to make sure I am doing everything I can in the short term to meet my medium and long-term goals. I would suggest writing one up, about 20 pages including tables and graphs, printing it out, proof-reading it, then printing out a final draft and bringing it to Kinkos to get binded so it will last a long time.

NHS

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
21%
Jul 16, 2010
I have collected antiques for years. I am very good at finding terrific deals. I just never thought of doing it for profit. Having objects around my home and office that I enjoy is a plus.

%20 is about my target for buying compared to selling. If it's a sure fire quick sell and an easy thousand or 2 I have no problem spending more.

Not sure if that makes sense but at 20% I am willing to sit on a product. If it's a quick sell I am willing to go higher. %70 would have to be a sure fire flip IMO.

Putting that on paper is a bit hard.

LagunaLauren

Bronze Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
46%
May 20, 2009
Laguna Beach, CA
I can see myself years down the road, I can see 6 months, but seeing right this moment is kinda hard. What baby step can I take right this moment to bring me to my goals?

I am going to buy a cargo van tonight. It's not pretty but it is reliable and will pull in thousands doing something I love. If it wasn't for the fact that I am so excited I might just kick myself in the head for not realizing this years ago.

I have just doubled my income in one week. :urock2::fastlane:

Speed+++ More power to you! Even outrageous goals can be broken down into small doable pieces. I also used to get overwhelmed staring into the chasm between where I was and where I wanted to be (like my 1st Million-dollar in a year goal). There's a technique called mind mapping that helps. In the center of a large piece pf paper, write your ultimate goal with a circle around it. IE-Make $1 Million in 1 year. Then draw lines from the circle with aspects of it. IE primary residence, rental homes, etc. Then break these down further into smaller steps; resources, people, money, etc. Then smaller tasks. Then prioritize tasks and put deadlines on them. Use these to plan out monthly, weekly, daily goals. Little by little...

Also-read Duncan Bannatyne's Anyone Can Do It. He started out with a junky ice cream van that he bought at a car auction and became an entrepreneur with a net worth of close to a $ Billion.

Also- if your thing is antiques, I know of a person who actually makes a killing doing high-end consignment. You're making money on other people's product, so you don't have to purchase the antiques outright before you sell. May be another avenue for you. They also make several trips to Europe a year and buy more furniture there and have it shipped back to sell for a profit. If you don't want to take on overhead of leasing space to house it, you can do what you can virtually on the computer to sell antiques. eBay, your own web site, craigslist, etc.

NHS

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
21%
Jul 16, 2010
Thanks Lauren. I don't know how selling on consignment will work without a store front.

I am going to take some of the more high end stuff to a major antique dealer here in NJ to sell for me on consignment. He marks things up so high it's really worth it. Sad thing is it could be in his store for a year. But it all works out in the end.

LagunaLauren

Bronze Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
46%
May 20, 2009
Laguna Beach, CA
Try different things and be open to different avenues. By actually getting into it and doing it, you'll see quickly what works and what doesn't. More ideas, opportunities and people will come together for you. Best of luck!

NHS

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
21%
Jul 16, 2010
So the ideas have been flowing freely lately. It's like it took me 6 months to open the faucet and now it won't stop flowing.

The antiques is breaking even. I am putting money into it to make it grow faster. I will buy stuff, sell some which pays for itself and am left with a ton of product. I buy $3000 worth of stuff and sell 1/3rd of it to get my 3 grand back. Seems to be the going process at the moment. Figure building my inventory and by Thanksgiving this stuff will start flying on EBAY.

In the mean time I started two amazon stores. I didn't plan on it but when you got dollar signs on the brain you just see everything in a different light. The one store will only bring me about $500 a month but the other will bring in about 2 grand a month. This is selling different products that I will keep to myself. :)

This will all help grow the antique business. But I want to get to a point that I can spend 10 grand a week on inventory.

Ultimate goal is buy a day care center within a year or so. Then apartments and whatever else.

Main thing is it's working and growing and I got a big fat wad of money in my pocket, porsche in the parking lot and a picaso on the wall at home. Things are working.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.