Well I finally managed to find a promising niche as well as locating reliable suppliers. With all the easy stuff out of the way and many exams to study for I need some assistance from the forums as I'm currently debating an Amazon store vs. My own website. I already know the costs of Amazon but I am unfamiliar with the costs of starting up and maintaining a website. Rather than wasting valuable time to study for finals I opted to ask for you Fast Laners for website advice.
My Business Strategy (Critique if need be):
Start Small by building customer recognition & trust
Use forums and "local heros" as testers of my product (write reviews, general product awareness)
Gradually expand with my reputation by keeping demand slightly higher than supply
Use a catchy name and product design (market has product blandness)
Since I will be starting small, I'm pushing for a Private Seller on Amazon (should I choose that route). If I opt for the website, I can only afford roughly $100 overall. I am also terrible with web design despite taking a class before as an elective.
What have been y'alls experiences with developing websites? Will a website offer higher chances of views compared to Amazon?
Thanks in advance guys, I hope it wasn't too much to read.
My Business Strategy (Critique if need be):
Start Small by building customer recognition & trust
Use forums and "local heros" as testers of my product (write reviews, general product awareness)
Gradually expand with my reputation by keeping demand slightly higher than supply
Use a catchy name and product design (market has product blandness)
Since I will be starting small, I'm pushing for a Private Seller on Amazon (should I choose that route). If I opt for the website, I can only afford roughly $100 overall. I am also terrible with web design despite taking a class before as an elective.
What have been y'alls experiences with developing websites? Will a website offer higher chances of views compared to Amazon?
Thanks in advance guys, I hope it wasn't too much to read.
Dislike ads? Become a Fastlane member:
Subscribe today and surround yourself with winners and millionaire mentors, not those broke friends who only want to drink beer and play video games. :-)
Last edited:
Access Restricted: Unlock 1,000,000+ Posts
Stop Peeking Through the Keyhole.
Open the Door.
You hit a wall because the best advice isn't free—it's earned. Since 2007, MJ DeMarco has been active here daily (99.9% active rate), building a war room for entrepreneurs who refuse to settle for mediocrity.
- Active Daily: Life-changing content posted dozens of times every day. No dead threads.
- MJ's Inner Circle: Direct access to the author of The Millionaire Fastlane.
- Vetted Network: Connect with founders scaling to 7 and 8 figures.
- Proven Roadmaps: Strategy over motivation. Execution over "hustle porn."
"SCALED TO 6-FIGURE MONTHS"
"Tips and advice here saved me from huge mistakes, others allowed me to scale my business to 6-figure months."— User MitchC
"INSANE QUALITY OF PEOPLE"
"The number of high quality people I've met from this forum has been insane. All of it predicated on building real value."— User Richard Peck
"You are the average of the five people you surround yourself with."
Are you surrounding yourself with success?
