The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success
  • SPONSORED: GiganticWebsites.com: We Build Sites with THOUSANDS of Unique and Genuinely Useful Articles

30% to 50% Fastlane-exclusive discounts on WordPress-powered websites with everything included: WordPress setup, design, keyword research, article creation and article publishing. Click HERE to claim.

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

It's January 16th, you're 1/24 through the new year!

Anything related to matters of the mind

randomnumber314

speed of a drunk camel
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
227%
Jan 7, 2014
Minnesoooota,USA
"Someday isn't on the calendar" -MJ, and many other respected members of the forum.

What are you doing this instant, today, this week, this month to get you closer to your goals this year?

Have you nailed down a goal? If not, that's your goal! Write down your to dos, and make some SMART goals--luckily MJ has provided a handy-dandy PDF to do this!

Life if chaos, writing down your goals helps to calm that chaos, helping others sort through that chaos provides value. Often, people will pay you to remove chaos from their life (Concept paraphrased from Michael E. Gerber)

So remove chaos by planning and setting goals. Add value to others' lives by removing their chaos. Quick bullet list of ideas:
  • B2B doing the books is chaotic because I don't know how to categorize this transaction
  • B2B this guy is awesome at his skilled trade, but hates the internet, how can he get more customers?
  • B2C OMG having a baby! what's the sex, what name, how to be healthy, how to prepare other children...
  • B2C Shoveling sucks, ice sucks, cold sucks, hands cold, wat do?
  • B2C Is hubby having an affair? If only there were three simple tricks to find the truth!

Okay, you got it, what're your 2015 SMART goals, and how are you going to kick a$$ this year to stop being a wantre?

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.
Last edited by a moderator:

Kreedos Phoenix

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
282%
Nov 30, 2014
Phoenix, AZ
Looks like I need to sign up for INSIDERS to see the PDF Mj provided *working on that*. But what’s helped me this year (started at the last part of 2014) is to get specific on exactly what I want.

I have a *Power5* list of goals that I write down daily, as well as a vision statement that I’ve memorized stating who I intend to become. Every action I take is congruent with those goals.

I’m inching the ball forward bit by bit every day. The process at times has been excruciating but I’m still in the game; and I anticipate the rewards being well worth the journey!

Being an artist, my lane is a bit unorthodox, but I’m wired for the entrepreneurial lifestyle; daring to go where conformist don’t-outside the comfort zone.

Here’s to a triumphant finish to the month!

Peace

Last edited:

Journey2Million$

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
155%
Jan 3, 2015
Yeah, this year every day counts. I have to get as much done as possible. Last year sucked. I didn't get much done and my profits went down. I'm determined not to let that happen again. I used to increase my profits every year. I want to get back to that and break my own records. It sucks that 1/24 of the year is over, but I'm glad to say I have gotten some good work done and a solid new strategy/plan in place. I'm very clear on what I have to do, so that helps a lot. I think it will work out great as long as I get a lot of work done.

Even Steven

tumbling down the learning curve
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
256%
Nov 7, 2014
"Someday isn't on the calendar" -MJ, and many other respected members of the forum.

What are you doing this instant, today, this week, this month to get you closer to your goals this year?

Have you nailed down a goal? If not, that's your goal! Write down your to dos, and make some SMART goals--luckily MJ has provided a handy-dandy PDF to do this!

I had literally just finished filling out my Fastlane Daily sheet before I came to the forum and read your post :)

Working to make myself, my life, and the lives of those around me better this year.

FionaS

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
200%
Sep 12, 2011
Anchorage, AK
This time of the year (through to March, really) is always really tough on me (SAD). My full time job right now is really my health and mental state.

I'm pretty sure setting goals before the depression hits me is the only way I get anything done for the first quarter - I just get up, complete the tasks I've set for myself (and have the hubby push me to do them if I look like I'm not gonna get up from the couch), and then read, sleep, meditate, play with my kids or go outside in an effort to feel a little better. Mostly sleep, because I have little energy.

I may not be going 'above and beyond', but I am doing much more than I would be if I hadn't set my yearly, monthly, and weekly goals ahead of time.

The wonderful thing about goals, is that to move closer to achieving them every day, you don't necessarily need to do much. One of my goals is to learn to do a free standing handstand by April. So, I practice for 10 minutes every day. That's it. And I'm moving closer every day. Another smaller goal is to keep my 'idea muscle' loose, so I think of 10 ideas every day. Sometimes themed, sometimes not.

My bigger goals I have to do more, but even if you are in survival mode, you can move forward a little more every day. As long as you have those goals set and plans made to achieve those goals. (MJ's "Fastlane Daily" PDF is great for this)

MJ DeMarco

I followed the science; all I found was money.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
446%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
Looks like I need to sign up for INSIDERS to see the PDF Mj provided *working on that*.

I'm actually printing them up and packaging them in a nice handy-dandy package. The PDF (black and white) version will be available for all INSIDERS for photocopying. Also, effective Feb 1, new INSIDERS and renewals will get a 30 day package for free. (USA only).

If someone wants to order them, they're here:

http://www.viperionpublishing.com/store/categories/Productivity/

Last edited:

Nicoknowsbest

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
396%
Mar 31, 2014
Austria
One of the most important lessons I have learned so far, since being on the forum: Take action daily. You want something? Go out and do something for it. Today. Now.

Have you taken action today?

Kreedos Phoenix

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
282%
Nov 30, 2014
Phoenix, AZ

Luffy

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
69%
Dec 20, 2014

Life if chaos, writing down your goals helps to calm that chaos, helping others sort through that chaos provides value. Often, people will pay you to remove chaos from their life (Concept paraphrased from Michael E. Gerber)

So remove chaos by planning and setting goals. Add value to others' lives by removing their chaos. Quick bullet list of ideas:
  • B2B doing the books is chaotic because I don't know how to categorize this transaction
  • B2B this guy is awesome at his skilled trade, but hates the internet, how can he get more customers?
  • B2C OMG having a baby! what's the sex, what name, how to be healthy, how to prepare other children...
  • B2C Shoveling sucks, ice sucks, cold sucks, hands cold, wat do?
  • B2C Is hubby having an affair? If only there were three simple tricks to find the truth!

Okay, you got it, what're your 2015 SMART goals, and how are you going to kick a$$ this year to stop being a wantre?
Since the start of new year I've continuously been working towards my goals. I've been hella productive so much so a week now almost feels like 3 weeks. My goals have nothing to do with entrepreneurship unless reading books count, I'm soon about to cross off 2 goals in my list and I've accomplished another smaller goal already.

Journey2Million$

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
155%
Jan 3, 2015
This time of the year (through to March, really) is always really tough on me (SAD). My full time job right now is really my health and mental state.

There's some "light therapy" products for that. Look up "sad lights".

FionaS

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
200%
Sep 12, 2011
Anchorage, AK
There's some "light therapy" products for that. Look up "sad lights".

Got one! It helps quite a bit. :) I'm a million times better than I was a year ago, for sure - light therapy, lots of Vitamin D, exercise, eating well, etc really has made a huge difference.

Unknown

Fastlane-ish
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
177%
Mar 31, 2014
I'm impressed by all of you people who create and follow to do lists. I live my life bouncing around randomly with the occasional control kinda like a pinball.

Luffy

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
69%
Dec 20, 2014
I'm impressed by all of you people who create and follow to do lists. I live my life bouncing around randomly with the occasional control kinda like a pinball.
Baby steps bruh, start small and build momentum, you'll find your motivation tripling before you know it aslong as you stay consistent with the baby steps. Pick a goal and do one small thing today that gets you closer to it.

WestCoast

Gold Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
313%
Jan 20, 2008
Rhode Island for now.
It is amazing how fast time goes by.

I'm hustling day and night right now.

Trying to get biz to $3M by end of 2015. That's another 15% growth. Just promoted our sales manager to VP level (never had one of those before!).
Hired a new sales guy full time starting in a few weeks.

In the middle of buying a large commercial building to move in to (that has been 8 months of getting kicked in the shins and learning details I knew NOTHING about before I started.... man, brutal).

Am now president of a non-profit in town, so in between work and work, my 5am is now filled with more work for which I don't get paid. Ha.

Lots of challenges right now, working on some international deals, so lots of traveling, but, I'm pumped.
Eating well, all my goals are written down for the year, was just writing myself a congratulation letter (see another thread here, I forget which).
Trying to make sure I keep my confidence way up in the face of some tough work ahead.

Working, being inspired by others who do so much more, but trying not to be greedy or jealous.
No need to compare myself to anyone else, just got to keep the pedal down all the way right now, for me and my dreams.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.