The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Is it okay to have no direction at first?

Anything related to matters of the mind

metenos

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
100%
Oct 9, 2019
I finished reading the millionaire fast lane a month ago and I committed myself to learning and changing my mindset.
But I do not know how to start finding a new business idea and I'm sure there are many posts about it here but my main question is:
Is it okay to have no direction in starting a business yet and just start learning about different skills and even just starting to learn about business?

I've recently committed myself to teach myself programming (starting out with JavaScript) but I don't know what I can apply that to yet. My hope is that with this skill, I'll learn to apply it to any future endeavors I might have.

If anyone else has a story with this. I would love to know about them.

Thanks.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Nodus

Bronze Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
493%
Apr 3, 2018
Tanzania
I finished reading the millionaire fast lane a month ago and I committed myself to learning and changing my mindset.
But I do not know how to start finding a new business idea and I'm sure there are many posts about it here but my main question is:
Is it okay to have no direction in starting a business yet and just start learning about different skills and even just starting to learn about business?

I've recently committed myself to teach myself programming (starting out with JavaScript) but I don't know what I can apply that to yet. My hope is that with this skill, I'll learn to apply it to any future endeavors I might have.

Thanks.

Steps to follow:

1. Find a problem any thing that "bugs", "irritates", "wastes your time" etc.

2. Solve it, provide a clear simple solution which people having the problem would appreciate

TaDa....

lowtek

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
332%
Oct 3, 2015
Phoenix, AZ
Lacking direction for a brief period is OK, but don't get caught in it.

Do you have any skills that someone would pay you to do, right now? If so, then try to make your first $1 doing that.

No, it's not "fastlane", but if you read between the lines of the book, the fastlane is just as much about mindset as it is about the particular business.

Entre Eyes

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
97%
Sep 7, 2019
Traveling to Higher Conciousness

Thanks.

I see a pattern of people that read M.J.'s books but have not fully absorbed the foundations of Internet Marketing.

Even if you are interested in offline you can gain leads online.

M.J. crushed it online because he learned how to crush it ONLINE.

Even this very forum is light years ahead of other online forums regardless of member count. There is so much education in what people are doing as well as teaching.

Last edited:
D

DeletedUser0287

Thanks.

Simple, choose the thing you would do if you weren’t getting paid for it.

Another way to look at it, is that even if you were a billionaire, you would still be doing the thing you chose.

Champion

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
103%
Apr 12, 2019
Hamburg, Germany
Hi, I agree just with what lowtek said. Use your current skills to earn as high of an income as possible and to finance your living expenses.

Every Dollar you are able to save, invest in your business.

broswoodwork

Intermediate User of the Flying Guillotine
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
313%
Oct 16, 2015
Welcome!

Ismail941

Silver Contributor