- Joined
- Aug 12, 2007
- Messages
- 436
Rep Bank
$540
$540
User Power: 14%
Well as the title suggests, MGA Entertainment (there is a thread with a video about the company somewhere on the site, they make the Bratz dolls), was founded by Isaac Larian; I read that as of 2006, the company had $2 billion in revenue. It has 1,000 employees. It says on Wikipedia that Larian is a billionaire, the reason I ask is I did not see him listed on Forbes's list of billionaires, so is that a mistake (he is not a billionaire?), or did Forbes just miss him...? I also ask because it seems some confuse being a billionaire with owning a billion (or multibillion) dollar company. So even though MGA had revenues of $2 billion alone in 2006, would that have been enough to make Larian himself a billionaire?
I figure if on average the 1000 employees are paid $50,000 a piece, that would be around $50 million needed to pay for them, and if on average $100,000 is paid, that would be about $100 million (though I doubt it's that much when averaged) but I have no idea what would be needed to pay for manufacturing the toys themselves. If altogether it was under $1 billion, then I could see Larian keeping the other billion for himself.
Anyone know anymore?
I figure if on average the 1000 employees are paid $50,000 a piece, that would be around $50 million needed to pay for them, and if on average $100,000 is paid, that would be about $100 million (though I doubt it's that much when averaged) but I have no idea what would be needed to pay for manufacturing the toys themselves. If altogether it was under $1 billion, then I could see Larian keeping the other billion for himself.
Anyone know anymore?
Dislike ads? Become a Fastlane member:
Subscribe today and surround yourself with winners and millionaire mentors, not those broke friends who only want to drink beer and play video games. :-)
Access Restricted: Unlock 1,000,000+ Posts
Stop Peeking Through the Keyhole.
Open the Door.
You hit a wall because the best advice isn't free—it's earned. Since 2007, MJ DeMarco has been active here daily (99.9% active rate), building a war room for entrepreneurs who refuse to settle for mediocrity.
- Active Daily: Life-changing content posted dozens of times every day. No dead threads.
- MJ's Inner Circle: Direct access to the author of The Millionaire Fastlane.
- Vetted Network: Connect with founders scaling to 7 and 8 figures.
- Proven Roadmaps: Strategy over motivation. Execution over "hustle porn."
"SCALED TO 6-FIGURE MONTHS"
"Tips and advice here saved me from huge mistakes, others allowed me to scale my business to 6-figure months."— User MitchC
"INSANE QUALITY OF PEOPLE"
"The number of high quality people I've met from this forum has been insane. All of it predicated on building real value."— User Richard Peck
"You are the average of the five people you surround yourself with."
Are you surrounding yourself with success?
