The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Iron-Man Inspired *Working* Hand Repulsor

Idea threads

marble

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
221%
Apr 11, 2023
Not too long ago I remember there was a huge buzz about this Harry Potter inspired wand. It was basically was just a metal tube with an igniter, you would stick some flash paper into it and it would shoot out a tiny fireball at the press of a button. Pretty fun and immersive little toy, but ultimately I think it's a gimmick at best due to every shoot requiring you to crumple up a bit of flash paper and stick it into the wand.

Well I just had the thought, a similar type of toy could be made using some gas, perhaps propane. It would shoot just a tiny blast of fire out of your hand like an Iron Man repulsor, and since it's gas you should be able to do it multiple times before running out.

The product itself would just be essentially a blowtorch, but instead of continuous flame, it's a pressurized burst. There are videos on youtube of people who have made what I am talking about, which is how I know it's possible.

There are two issues I'm not sure of with this,
1. It's a bit dangerous. Probably won't do more than cause a slight burn if directly exposed, but still, definitely more dangerous than flash paper.
2. Would have to ship a pressurized flammable gas like propane to people's doorsteps. Is that even possible?

It would likely be a higher end product, two to three hundred dollars initially, and 15 to 50 dollars for a new canister of gas.

It's not a problem solving product that provides insane value, but it is a cool toy that the many many Marvel fans in the world would love to add to their collection and show to their friends and family at parties. I mean, Elon Musk's flamethrower sold like crazy, and that was hardly even a flamethrower, just a really inefficient lighter. I think people like stuff that goes boom.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Aidan04

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
220%
Apr 27, 2022
United States
Not too long ago I remember there was a huge buzz about this Harry Potter inspired wand. It was basically was just a metal tube with an igniter, you would stick some flash paper into it and it would shoot out a tiny fireball at the press of a button. Pretty fun and immersive little toy, but ultimately I think it's a gimmick at best due to every shoot requiring you to crumple up a bit of flash paper and stick it into the wand.

Well I just had the thought, a similar type of toy could be made using some gas, perhaps propane. It would shoot just a tiny blast of fire out of your hand like an Iron Man repulsor, and since it's gas you should be able to do it multiple times before running out.

The product itself would just be essentially a blowtorch, but instead of continuous flame, it's a pressurized burst. There are videos on youtube of people who have made what I am talking about, which is how I know it's possible.

There are two issues I'm not sure of with this,
1. It's a bit dangerous. Probably won't do more than cause a slight burn if directly exposed, but still, definitely more dangerous than flash paper.
2. Would have to ship a pressurized flammable gas like propane to people's doorsteps. Is that even possible?

It would likely be a higher end product, two to three hundred dollars initially, and 15 to 50 dollars for a new canister of gas.

It's not a problem solving product that provides insane value, but it is a cool toy that the many many Marvel fans in the world would love to add to their collection and show to their friends and family at parties. I mean, Elon Musk's flamethrower sold like crazy, and that was hardly even a flamethrower, just a really inefficient lighter. I think people like stuff that goes boom.
It sounds fun, but as you said it does not solve a ton of problems/add value. It's a nice gimmick, but novelty isn't value.

You're obviously an idea guy/engineering-focused person from the looks of it- similar to me.

Try focusing on something you can build that will help people or solve issues.

rwhyan

The higher, the fewer
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
244%
Aug 27, 2017
CA
I mean, Elon Musk's flamethrower sold like crazy, and that was hardly even a flamethrower, just a really inefficient lighter. I think people like stuff that goes boom.
Or... because Elon's name was behind it. It's the brand/audience, not the product.

Jrjohnny

Gold Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
182%
May 18, 2023
Or another thing you could do but it won’t be as effective but more safe:

Make it have leds that are basically invisible to the eyes, and it pulls air out and the leds color the air making it look like a ball.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.