The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success
  • SPONSORED: GiganticWebsites.com: We Build Sites with THOUSANDS of Unique and Genuinely Useful Articles

30% to 50% Fastlane-exclusive discounts on WordPress-powered websites with everything included: WordPress setup, design, keyword research, article creation and article publishing. Click HERE to claim.

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Introduction and a question

Topics relating to managing people and relationships

Henryf7765

PARKED
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
0% - New User
May 22, 2023
Hello everyone, I'm Henry, and I'm from the UK. I turn 18 next month, and am off to university in September(as my parents have agreed to pay off my tuition fees, I also want to build networks, and identify opportunities there). I began my Entrepreneurial journey over a year ago, and began to read MJ's books, and other useful ones such as Dotcom Secrets, by Russel Brunson. At the start of this year I launched my first business. It was a self improvement website, in which people paid a monthly membership fee for. That business failed as it was more of a learning experience for myself as an entrepreneur, rather than anything completely long term. Since then I have gone away, expanded my knowledge, mastered all of MJ's teachings, and I feel that I am now ready to start my own digital marketing agency, to provide value to all the wantrepuneurs who violate the commandment of control. To reiterate, I am well aware of the importance of the commandment of need, and I identify an opportunity with a digital marketing agency due to the vast increase in wantrepuenurs online bc of people like Iman Gadzhi, Alex Hormozi etc. As a result, the last few weeks, I have been working at least 3 hours a day learning to code.

However, I'm now down to £1000, and my parents are now telling me I need to get a job over the summer, so I can "have control over what I spend money on." Despite the fact the amount I would make in the next 3 months in a job, wouldn't be enough to cover the year, my parents still say I should do it and that they will pay me when the money runs out. The thought of my parents just giving me money is absolutely shameful, and I feel that if I can have some success with my marketing agency, I can making a living for myself at university, and focus on the grind there in my spare time. Whereas if I just get a job, I'm just delaying the inevitable fact that I am currently broke, and I would still end up in the same situation of needing money from my parents. So do you think that I should put multiple hours a day into my agency, or should I just "play it safe" and get a job for now. BTW I'm not basing my decision off random people on the internet(with all due respect). However, it would be helpful to receive different opinions about it, so I can take different solutions into account.

BTW. I was not aware that I needed money until the other day. As my family didn't know that I would not be given a student loan.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.