DTFreedom
PARKED
Hello, Fastlane.
My story is really not that special -- the short version is, I'm nowhere near where I want to be or where I know I am capable of being. I'm here as part of the process of changing that.
If you're interested in my background, I have a degree in English with a minor in philosophy and religion. I worked as a newspaper editor out of college and then went back to school for my first love, audio engineering. I got my certification and then tried to find a job in that field, ultimately becoming frustrated over the fact that most jobs in AE require several months of unpaid internship before one is even considered as an employee.
To pay the bills during this period, I worked as a freelance SEO copywriter. I was good, and fast, so the pay per hour was more than I'd ever made before (if I had a large enough contract, I could make $75-100 per hour without breaking a sweat). This gig dried up as the recession hit, and I found it difficult to find more work.
Disillusioned (but not much wiser), I tried to sell insurance and market mutual funds...in the midst of the recession. Brilliant. I proved to myself that I could learn ANYTHING -- I read both the Series 6 and 63 books in one day (two different days) and passed the tests immediately after. I also proved that I had no idea what I was doing.
Then I fell into my current gig as a software tester for a developer that creates a browser-based solution for pension administration systems. When my 30th birthday hit, I had a pre-midlife crisis. I can't keep going down this road. I'll lose my mind if I do. It's insanity to give up every dream and idea and desire for the slow poison of 9-5 and joyless weekends.
I'm here for freedom, and I'm willing to pay the price.
But the main reason I'm here is this: I have no idea what I'm doing. I'm sincerely hoping that this will serve as a launching pad and point in directions where I can learn what needs to be learned so that I can execute what needs to be done. The Millionaire Fastlane was a start, but I need daily doses of the great a$$-kicking wisdom in that book.
MJ, if you read this, thanks. Hell or high water, I'm going to keep making the daily...hourly...decision to keep winning, keep pushing, and to get this done. Figuring out which road to go down is the next step.
My story is really not that special -- the short version is, I'm nowhere near where I want to be or where I know I am capable of being. I'm here as part of the process of changing that.
If you're interested in my background, I have a degree in English with a minor in philosophy and religion. I worked as a newspaper editor out of college and then went back to school for my first love, audio engineering. I got my certification and then tried to find a job in that field, ultimately becoming frustrated over the fact that most jobs in AE require several months of unpaid internship before one is even considered as an employee.
To pay the bills during this period, I worked as a freelance SEO copywriter. I was good, and fast, so the pay per hour was more than I'd ever made before (if I had a large enough contract, I could make $75-100 per hour without breaking a sweat). This gig dried up as the recession hit, and I found it difficult to find more work.
Disillusioned (but not much wiser), I tried to sell insurance and market mutual funds...in the midst of the recession. Brilliant. I proved to myself that I could learn ANYTHING -- I read both the Series 6 and 63 books in one day (two different days) and passed the tests immediately after. I also proved that I had no idea what I was doing.
Then I fell into my current gig as a software tester for a developer that creates a browser-based solution for pension administration systems. When my 30th birthday hit, I had a pre-midlife crisis. I can't keep going down this road. I'll lose my mind if I do. It's insanity to give up every dream and idea and desire for the slow poison of 9-5 and joyless weekends.
I'm here for freedom, and I'm willing to pay the price.
But the main reason I'm here is this: I have no idea what I'm doing. I'm sincerely hoping that this will serve as a launching pad and point in directions where I can learn what needs to be learned so that I can execute what needs to be done. The Millionaire Fastlane was a start, but I need daily doses of the great a$$-kicking wisdom in that book.
MJ, if you read this, thanks. Hell or high water, I'm going to keep making the daily...hourly...decision to keep winning, keep pushing, and to get this done. Figuring out which road to go down is the next step.
Dislike ads? Become a Fastlane member:
Subscribe today and surround yourself with winners and millionaire mentors, not those broke friends who only want to drink beer and play video games. :-)
Access Restricted: Unlock 1,000,000+ Posts
Stop Peeking Through the Keyhole.
Open the Door.
You hit a wall because the best advice isn't free—it's earned. Since 2007, MJ DeMarco has been active here daily (99.9% active rate), building a war room for entrepreneurs who refuse to settle for mediocrity.
- Active Daily: Life-changing content posted dozens of times every day. No dead threads.
- MJ's Inner Circle: Direct access to the author of The Millionaire Fastlane.
- Vetted Network: Connect with founders scaling to 7 and 8 figures.
- Proven Roadmaps: Strategy over motivation. Execution over "hustle porn."
"SCALED TO 6-FIGURE MONTHS"
"Tips and advice here saved me from huge mistakes, others allowed me to scale my business to 6-figure months."— User MitchC
"INSANE QUALITY OF PEOPLE"
"The number of high quality people I've met from this forum has been insane. All of it predicated on building real value."— User Richard Peck
"You are the average of the five people you surround yourself with."
Are you surrounding yourself with success?
