The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Interview in a magazine with a miljonair. Handcrafted people

Anything related to matters of the mind

Skys

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
71%
Dec 20, 2011
The Netherlands
I was reading this interview at the dentist office. The guy was a miljonair, he invented something that has to do with constrution. Coulnd't read it all, because my name was called.
One thing that he said felt kind of debatable, but I wonder how you feel about it.

He said, that the miljons made nowadays are made by people that are good with their hands. Not with their brains.

He might also mean people that work in IT, i think he does.

I am not sure about his statement. On one hand I say "yes". Why? Because if you want to be able to hire people to do the stuff that needs to be done to make your business succeed, you need money. If you don't have that, you have to do it yourself. If you can't do it yourself, it seems to be you are kind of screwed... or you need to learn what you need (which will take several years, something like coding takes years). Thats not to say that it can't be done, but that would make his statement true.

On the other hand, I say no. Aren't we living in an informational era? Knowledge is power?

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Fermovian

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
19%
Jan 19, 2009
Vancouver, BC
"He said, that the miljons made nowadays are made by people that are good with their hands. Not with their brains."

Don't discount the fact he could simply be wrong. That being said, plumbers, oil workers and other trades people are doing relatively well (so I hear), probably because everyone is going to college and majoring in academic fields.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.