The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Inspiration Techniques

Anything related to matters of the mind

Kyler White

PARKED
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
0% - New User
Nov 25, 2014
My mind tends to work better when things are laid out like a blueprint; so as the title states, what techniques do you guys follow to help you get the type of inspiration you had when you first began such and such. A little trick I found somewhere on here was a technique used to help with bad habits. It was to write a 50 reasons why it sucks being fat and 50 reasons why it's absolutely great to be thin/athletic. So something similar to this, like a trick or a set way to find inspiration.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

AceVentures

Platinum Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
405%
Apr 16, 2019
Journaling in general. Just the practice of putting pen to paper gets the creative juices running. Within minutes, my mind is excited and creating once again.

It often starts with nothing, words written expressing how the present moment lacks clarity and direction. With a few more sentences in, I'm expressing myself and revealing to myself parts of my subconscious that were previously undetected.

It's become my new go to technique. Play music, and start writing. Anything. Before I know it, I've got all the inspiration I could ask for.

Look within.

Mhinto

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
276%
Jul 23, 2019
Kentucky

Ernman

Gold Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
224%
Feb 8, 2019
Florida, USA
My mind tends to work better when things are laid out like a blueprint; so as the title states, what techniques do you guys follow to help you get the type of inspiration you had when you first began such and such. A little trick I found somewhere on here was a technique used to help with bad habits. It was to write a 50 reasons why it sucks being fat and 50 reasons why it's absolutely great to be thin/athletic. So something similar to this, like a trick or a set way to find inspiration.
Kyler - there in lies part of our challenge...there is no plan, no blue print. I've grown up as what I describe as success bi-polar. I want a well documented process and set of rules. But I can't stand such rules and ALWAYS find ways to success outside of them. Even when I'm the one making up the rules/plans, I can't follow them. It's almost as if I need the blueprint so I know what NOT to do. So I agree with @SpongeGod - just do it (can we say that without getting Nike mad at us?)

Kyler White

PARKED
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
0% - New User
Nov 25, 2014
Journaling in general. Just the practice of putting pen to paper gets the creative juices running. Within minutes, my mind is excited and creating once again.

It often starts with nothing, words written expressing how the present moment lacks clarity and direction. With a few more sentences in, I'm expressing myself and revealing to myself parts of my subconscious that were previously undetected.

It's become my new go to technique. Play music, and start writing. Anything. Before I know it, I've got all the inspiration I could ask for.

Look within.

Thanks, I'll give this a try.

StrikingViper69

Shredding scales and making sales
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
169%
Dec 3, 2018
UK
Depending on what you are wanting to apply inspiration to:
1. Journaling
2. Verbally talking through ideas with others. This doesn’t work as well typing online, it has to be spoken word, ideally in person
3. Studying your technical skill
4. Working on creativity every day
5. Studying with a great teacher / mentor

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.