The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

If your why isn't strong enough, you won't succeed.

A detailed account of a Fastlane process...

Tony I

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
217%
Apr 9, 2013
MA

RogueInnovation

Gold Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
170%
Jul 28, 2013
A lot of people get really selfish about biz. I know that I did for a time. I'm a really positive guy, so I know that in some ways it is unavoidable. The thing is, everyone has a deep and real reason to succeed. What seperates you is not that depth, but that you grow beyond it and can make useful things that mirror what has changed in yourself. If you don't change things, that depth can be nothing more than the unwillingness to succeed.
As much as he wanted to help his mother be proud of him, so many other times that has become the vice that locks a person down, the excuse they have for why it is hard.

This for me was a reminder that, we do this stuff together. And that success of one does not mean exclusion of others. We have to find our compromise, and find out how we can fit our deepest needs, in with our realistic aims.

Balance, it is so hard to develop, and yet, in a way, it is why we are all here. Isn't it?

MJ DeMarco

I followed the science; all I found was money.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
446%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
Just shows that your WHY is the most important motivator.

Totally agree. And the "why" can encompass many variables, from "follow your passion" to "do what you love" to "I want my mother to be proud" -- IMO, it is the foundation to all success because it is rooted in your mind where the battle is fought and won, or lost.

beatgoezon

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
165%
Aug 31, 2013
Completely agree... People accomplish great things because of their "whys"...

It's like Victor Frankl wrote in his book "Man's Search for Meaning",

"Those who have a "why" to live for can bear with almost any "how".

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.