The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Idea about Fastlane biz - Offer website templates

Idea threads

smmirza

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
27%
Sep 26, 2011
Hey Guys,
Been racking my brain on a fastlane idea for a while and learning web design on the side (client was paying for it :)) I realized web design was good but was not scalable. However, I was able to create a cool project bidding website (kinda like freelancer) for the client and was thinking if I could offer that as a template with documentation on how to customize it, it will free me up from the product (which I undersand IS fastlane). However, I have no idea how I would go about contacting the audience or pricing this template. Any ideas on how to attack this?
Thanks,
Said

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Brander

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Jun 3, 2011
Australia, USA, Europe
Could you please state again what exactly do you have - what is the product? - I want to be clear before I reply - a whole site (script) for freelancer type websites you have the copyright to or just a template for existing scripts?

smmirza

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
27%
Sep 26, 2011
Could you please state again what exactly do you have - what is the product? - I want to be clear before I reply - a whole site (script) for freelancer type websites you have the copyright to or just a template for existing scripts?

I basically designed & coded a freelancer site using examples, tutorials on the web etc. Not sure what you mean by copyright but there are no contracts with the client since this was a friend and I told him upfront I would repurpose the code for other things. So in summary, it is a working freelance bidding site that allows people to post projects, find projects via categories, allows multiple bids, upload & download files, register/login, send email notifications of important events and is integrated with PayPal. I know its pretty cool :) I am planning to offer the site (framework) to people who want to start their own project bidding sites. I will charge them money for customization or they can do it themselves. The site will work out of the box.

Brander

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Jun 3, 2011
Australia, USA, Europe
Better get the signed and notarised waiver from the friend abut relinquishing any right he has on the script. Once you start making money with it I am sure he'll want a piece of it.

Now if you are good friends it would be only fair to pay him a small percentage or outright one-time payment aligned with his part of the finished work.

Brander

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Jun 3, 2011
Australia, USA, Europe
If you have any ambition at all you only in reality have the first and second page of G of competitors (less then 20) in terms of SEO. What's different about your script?

smmirza

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
27%
Sep 26, 2011
Nothing different besides that it works :) In all seriousness, the scripts out there are garbage. I tried a trial run for SiteMile and it was a work in progress; and I am being very nice..

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.