What's new

I need help in the form of wisdom and advice! Is Success close?

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Live your best life.

Tired of paying for dead communities hosted by absent gurus who don't have time for you?

Imagine having a multi-millionaire mentor by your side EVERY. SINGLE. DAY. Since 2007, MJ DeMarco has been a cornerstone of Fastlane, actively contributing on over 99% of days—99.92% to be exact! With more than 39,000 game-changing posts, he's dedicated to helping entrepreneurs achieve their freedom. Join a thriving community of over 90,000 members and access a vast library of over 1,000,000 posts from entrepreneurs around the globe.

Forum membership removes this block.

kf4qhk

PARKED
Joined
Nov 22, 2011
Messages
8
Rep Bank
$75
Hey guys,

First time (to my memory) poster here. I am Jeremy, from Alabama, and am trying to step onto the fast lane, and off of the sidewalk.

I need some advice. I have been trying to make some money through brokering deals between buyers and sellers, and have come close a few times. Mainly, I started off trying to broker fabrics and materials, then clothes, and then commodities, and just on and on.

Recently, I made contact with someone who had access to Sugar and Concrete. Then, I made contact with someone who needed Sugar. This specific order will be 300K tons of sugar, which will bring me a very sizable commission check. There are 3 agents at work here - the buyer's agent, the seller's agent, and then me - and I have put the 2 together.

After communicating everything back and forth, we finally have a signed Firm Contract Offer. We started out with a ICPO, and then a Draft-Contract, and now, we have the FCO. It's a 9 page, very legal-sounding document.

Here are my 2 issues:

1. The seller wants to close before tomorrow, and so, the agent has been pressing me to make it happen. The buyer is tied up, and won't be able to do the paperwork until next week. However, the buyer's agent has a connection with the secretary, and for 300 euros, can push the contract through quicker. I got the signed contract this morning, and now, it is expected me to wire 150 euros (the seller's agent supposedly paid the other 150 euros) to the secretary. The buyer is willing to pay that, but the seller's agent freaked out about the buyer knowing about that. What do I do? I am not even 100% sure this is legit, but, it seems so - because, without little hesitation, the buyer was willing to send the money with no problem.

2. Once the deal closes, how do I secure that I actually do get paid my commissions? I have a NCNDA, but supposedly, those may not hold water.

Thanks for any advice.

Jeremy
 
Access Restricted: Unlock 1,000,000+ Posts

Stop Peeking Through the Keyhole.
Open the Door.

You hit a wall because the best advice isn't free—it's earned. Since 2007, MJ DeMarco has been active here daily (99.9% active rate), building a war room for entrepreneurs who refuse to settle for mediocrity.

  • Active Daily: Life-changing content posted dozens of times every day. No dead threads.
  • MJ's Inner Circle: Direct access to the author of The Millionaire Fastlane.
  • Vetted Network: Connect with founders scaling to 7 and 8 figures.
  • Proven Roadmaps: Strategy over motivation. Execution over "hustle porn."
"SCALED TO 6-FIGURE MONTHS"
"Tips and advice here saved me from huge mistakes, others allowed me to scale my business to 6-figure months."
— User MitchC
"INSANE QUALITY OF PEOPLE"
"The number of high quality people I've met from this forum has been insane. All of it predicated on building real value."
— User Richard Peck

"You are the average of the five people you surround yourself with."
Are you surrounding yourself with success?

gus 300 iasut, dep qatj vji dupvsedv vjsuahj raodlis.

Pucufz't huoph vu vuadj vjot og zua qav vjopht moli vjot opvu xsovoph, up vjot gusan us epzxjisi imti. Zua esi op uwis zuas jief.
 
Access Restricted: Unlock 1,000,000+ Posts

Stop Peeking Through the Keyhole.
Open the Door.

You hit a wall because the best advice isn't free—it's earned. Since 2007, MJ DeMarco has been active here daily (99.9% active rate), building a war room for entrepreneurs who refuse to settle for mediocrity.

  • Active Daily: Life-changing content posted dozens of times every day. No dead threads.
  • MJ's Inner Circle: Direct access to the author of The Millionaire Fastlane.
  • Vetted Network: Connect with founders scaling to 7 and 8 figures.
  • Proven Roadmaps: Strategy over motivation. Execution over "hustle porn."
"SCALED TO 6-FIGURE MONTHS"
"Tips and advice here saved me from huge mistakes, others allowed me to scale my business to 6-figure months."
— User MitchC
"INSANE QUALITY OF PEOPLE"
"The number of high quality people I've met from this forum has been insane. All of it predicated on building real value."
— User Richard Peck

"You are the average of the five people you surround yourself with."
Are you surrounding yourself with success?

Back
Top Bottom