The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

I need a mentor ASAP

Anything related to investing, including crypto

SeritaMedici

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
20%
Apr 9, 2020
Atlanta, GA
While I do follow tons of people on youtube and other social media platforms, I really need a mentor in my life who's a full-time investor. I'm almost 27 and I really want to become an investor for a living. However, I have no examples around me and don't want to diminish into the crowd of 9-5 people due to the lack of an everyday example.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Sanj Modha

Platinum Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
315%
Feb 16, 2016
In Your Newsfeed
Read books, follow the right blogs, and listen to podcasts. That's all you need.

With Twitter, you can reach out to people too. I do.

Sanj Modha

Platinum Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
315%
Feb 16, 2016
In Your Newsfeed
Sorry but sounds action faking to me.
FIRST, start investing.
THEN, find a mentor/book/podcast

How is it faking it?

If you don't know anything about a topic like investing - why would you jump into it without doing research or learning the subject matter?

It's not how I would do it. I'd find the best role models possible, read their blog, read their books, listen to their podcasts, and watch them in action.

ZCP

Legendary Contributor
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
336%
Oct 22, 2010
Woodstock, GA
you are in ATL ... frequent the golf courses in alpharetta. get involved in milton community projects. go for lunches in dunwoody. TALK to people.

AND

you also need to look at what you provide to the mentor! birddog some projects and investors will seek you out.

Odysseus M Jones

[B...{r<°∆°>}--O--{<°∆°>k}...E]
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
X MODERATED X
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
170%
Feb 2, 2020
Start following people here & show them what you can do.
It reflects badly on the mentor when the protégé is no more than a sack of sugar.

Martzee

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
142%
Oct 6, 2020
Denver, Colorado, United States
While I do follow tons of people on youtube and other social media platforms, I really need a mentor in my life who's a full-time investor. I'm almost 27 and I really want to become an investor for a living. However, I have no examples around me and don't want to diminish into the crowd of 9-5 people due to the lack of an everyday example.
Stop following "tons of people". Pick one and follow that one.

If you want to invest, answer yourself a question - WHY?
Why do you want to invest? (to make money is not an answer, everybody wants to make money)
How do you want to achieve that goal (satisfy that WHY)?

By having questions like that, you start building a plan.

For example, I wanted a stream of income from my investments which would flow into my account no matter what the market was doing. Was the market crashing? Who cares, I still had my income intact and every month received a paycheck from my companies. I wanted that income to be reinvested into buying more companies and more shares. Once the monthly income exceeded my bills, I was FF.

Now, that I knew what I wanted, I needed to find companies, which can deliver this goal. Which companies can do that? What type of investments do you need? Can TSLA do it? Or is JNJ a better candidate? And why?

I mentioned above that I wanted companies that could deliver income no matter what the market did, but also no matter what the stock price did. That could be tricky. So what can you do to protect your investment and truly make sure that it won't matter to you if the stock goes from $150 a share down to $38 a share (and if that happens you won't panic but buy even more!)? There are strategies and techniques to do that. You need to find them.

Once you have all these answers and strategies in place, go ahead, and execute the plan. Slowly, one by one grow the account.

It is possible and doable. But it takes time. There is no quick rich short cut.

CGP

New Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
140%
Oct 12, 2020
You need to pick a few investment firms and do everything you can to secure a job with them. You’ll get paid to learn and make contacts.

All the learning you’re doing now is fine but it can be counterproductive when it’s in place of taking ACTION.

The mind has a funny way of tricking you into thinking your making progress as you sit and watch another youtube video from another guru.

Make. moves.

You have the power to change your f*cking life.

You may even need to move to a different state / country for an opportunity.

Sack up and get to it.

How bad do you want it?

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.