The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success
  • SPONSORED: GiganticWebsites.com: We Build Sites with THOUSANDS of Unique and Genuinely Useful Articles

30% to 50% Fastlane-exclusive discounts on WordPress-powered websites with everything included: WordPress setup, design, keyword research, article creation and article publishing. Click HERE to claim.

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

I love my 9 to 5

c4n

Full throttle
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
265%
May 30, 2017
Hi,

People call me c4n. I'm in mid thirties, from Europe, not married, one baby boy. Thank you for taking the time to read my introduction.

It's true, I love my "9 to 5" job. It's the kind of job most young boys dream of, but few actually pursue it and fewer make it.

> How I ended up here?

My job "expires" next year, I will have to find something else to do.

I have spent a lot of my free time writing computer software (as a hobby) for 15+ years now. I profited $500k+ over the 15+ years from the hobby. While I realize this is not fastlane per se and many of you make this profit in a year, it has helped me immensely. I travel a lot, am financially independent and debt-free.

While searching for resources on business mindset and scaling I found and read TMF . It changed the way I look at time-value-money and I am grateful for it. I have yet to read Unscripted , hoping a PDF version will be out soon?

> What's the plan?

Basically learn as I go. A rough outline:

1. learn all I can about entrepreneurship
2. execute what I learn and grow my hobby as time permits
3. when my 9 to 5 job expires, go full monty into growing a real business

I know, I know, I can hear you all. Stop learning, stop finding excuses, just do it and learn as you go.

I will. Next year ;-) Oh, and did I mention I love my current job?

Anyway, nice to e-meet you all. I look forward to learning from you and pitch in where I can.

Regards,
c4n

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

MJ DeMarco

I followed the science; all I found was money.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
446%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
I have spent a lot of my free time writing computer software (as a hobby) for 15+ years now. I profited $500k+ over the 15+ years from the hobby.

Congrats. This means you have the aptitude to do it. And if you can't, you know you can be happy in a job. Pretty awesome place to be!

I have yet to read Unscripted , hoping a PDF version will be out soon?

Wasn't planning on offering a PDF as it ramps up torrent theft. Digital versions are available at Amazon, Kobo, and other ebook retailers.

c4n

Full throttle
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
265%
May 30, 2017
Wasn't planning on offering a PDF as it ramps up torrent theft.

I figured this was the case, yes. Might as well try installing the Kindle app.

I purchased TMF PDF and actually replied to the delivery email message (from Viperion Publishing) writing a notice about a problem with your PDF download exposure and a minor security issue on the website, not sure if anyone saw that?

c4n

Full throttle
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
265%
May 30, 2017
OK, this was easier than I anticipated. I never used Kindle before, just purchased it!

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.

More Intros...