The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

I got an opportunity to work for a company that sells to C-level posts (Ceo,CFO,COO) but...

Marketing, social media, advertising

Azharr

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
3%
Feb 24, 2013
Vigilant,JackEdwards the master of sales...or anyone

I got a call from Marcus Evans for a corporate b2b sales position - I am seriously nervous. I mean I don't think I've ever talked to any C-level (or maybe I have surname Ferrari lives in Perth,Australia) position yet alone sell to them.

now the guy got me an assignment,I need to call Marcus Evans and get thru him... stupidly nervous me forgot to ask him what was his surname stupidly nervous me forgot to ask if he's the sales manager,HR or from which department T_T

I really want to learn how to sell but... any tips

my previous inside sales job I just call and ask for the IT guy...

is Jordan Belfort here?

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

McCoyH

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
76%
Jul 28, 2013
Iowa
Someone gave you a job offer and then gave you an assignment? im confused

Azharr

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
3%
Feb 24, 2013
Someone gave you a job offer and then gave you an assignment? im confused

nope someone called me for an opportunity to work for Marcus Evans and he gave me an assignment to look for him tomorrow if I am interested for the position (which I am) - and I assume getting thru him is difficult e.g he's testing me on how do I get thru the gatekeeper to get into the decision maker (ceo perhaps)

marcus evans is an international business events and information company with five main principle areas of business activity

* Business Events: providing valuable and niche focused industry insights to delegates worldwide and bringing B2B buyers and sellers together at over 2000 conferences, summits & congresses annually.

* Business Training: training programmes in a variety of formats including Professional Training, Financial Training, Language Training and Industry Sector Training.

* Corporate Hospitality: providing first class hospitality to Fortune 500 companies at the world’s leading sports and cultural events.

* Business Information & Market Research: providing in depth analysis through subscription research products and publications

*Sports & Entertainment: The group's involvement in Sports & Entertainment includes, in the sports world the ownership of Ipswich Town Football Club & in entertainment Ken McReddie Associates, a long established and leading theatrical agency representing artists in the fields of Film, TV & Theatre.

McCoyH

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
76%
Jul 28, 2013
Iowa
hes saying hes mot sure if what youre saying and asking is serious... seems like a weird question...

McCoyH

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
76%
Jul 28, 2013
Iowa
So whats your question? most people here are going to tell you to forget the day job and create your own future

Azharr

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
3%
Feb 24, 2013

smarty

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
189%
Jan 2, 2013
1) any idea how do I get thru the guy (i assume it will be difficult)
this assumption is where your nervousness comes from. what is the worst that could happen? death? or rejection?
what was your assumption on successful deals that you closed before? horrifying or positive?

If you got an offer, common sense suggests that what you have been doing so far works. So do what you used to do that brought you to this level. Don't try to over-dramatize it.

Mrs. BRKb

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
142%
Apr 27, 2008
USA
Looks like an international company, growing, looking to hire local in-country talent. You are the talent.

Lose the anxiety and just call.

JEdwards

Legendary Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
418%
Jan 16, 2011
Texas
Dont really understand what you are asking here.

But dont let fear get you.

sethnejame

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
61%
Oct 24, 2013
Los Angeles, CA
Tell his secretary you're calling from the local deputy's office. Give him a phony name/badge number/whatever and tell him you just wanted to ask him a couple of questions about where he was a few nights ago. That'll put you through. Once you're through to him, explain the challenge and viola. I mean, that's what I would do.

Genester

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
73%
Jun 23, 2013
I'm not sure what the problem here is? If you are serious about this job opportunity then you only have one option which is to get on the phone and try to get through to this Marcus Evans guy.

What's the worst thing that can happen? You don't get through to Marcus Evans and you don't get hired for this job and you're right back in the same position you are in now. The way I see it you have absolutely nothing to lose but definitely something to gain.

If you are nervous about talking to people on the phone, you can either overcome that fear and just do it or maybe this job just isn't for you and you are just wasting their and your time.

C-level executives are people just like the rest of us, they eat, sleep and shit just like you do. Man up and call them, don't make excuses.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.