The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success
  • SPONSORED: GiganticWebsites.com: We Build Sites with THOUSANDS of Unique and Genuinely Useful Articles

30% to 50% Fastlane-exclusive discounts on WordPress-powered websites with everything included: WordPress setup, design, keyword research, article creation and article publishing. Click HERE to claim.

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

I could use a little help with my slow lane idea to raise capital

Idea threads

TKDTyler

The Tea Guy
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
347%
Aug 25, 2014
If it was me, I would try targeting apartment complexes that are beginning their renovation stage and along the same lines approach the contractors for said project. Much better scale, better return for your time.

Provide the materials and separate your time rather than doing 1 project at a time. If the material is as good and as cheap as you say, become the provider to help other businesses increase their margins and provide great results. Win-win for many more people, and you create a greater impact in the world.

Last edited:

Midas

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
200%
Jun 10, 2016
First time poster, I've learned so much browsing the last few months. Guys, I'm working on several home improvement projects for myself. I've completely remodeled my house and caught the fixer upper bug.

I came up with this really cheap way to make any countertop surface look like stone for less than $100. I can pretty much mimic the look of any granite or marble. The colors don't have to be as extreme as mine below but thats what the dear wife wanted, the pictures do no justice. My plan is to market an affordable kitchen remodel service to property owners(rentals), and those putting their house on the market; particularly houses less than $100k when it doesn't make sense to spend $10K+ on a remodel. Most of the houses in my area sell with outdated kitchens not conscious of the fact that $200-$300 into the kitchen could get you a 1000% return. Having a nice kitchen is an unbelievable feeling that I want to share with the world. I feel like I could knock out an entire kitchen in a week while working a full-time. Charge around $1000 plus materials $200-$300. $1300 total which would be allowable under my states contractors board. Most general contractors wont get out of bed for that. If my work is good I don't see why I couldn't get a job a week. I just need something to raise capital for my first flip that I would like to pay cash for. Anybody have any expertise in this area? Any property owners out there? Any and all feedback welcome. Thanks guys.

WJheB01.jpg

RU6fez4.jpg

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.