The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

I always feel worried

Anything related to matters of the mind

monerap

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
46%
Dec 30, 2014
Hey everyone,

I am new to this Fastlane mindset. I recently finished the book, before that i have read some classics such as Think and Grow Rich.
I am 23 years old and i always feel worried. I feel like i have to accomplish something. For example i was looking self-publishing topics and started to write an e-book today.
Since English is not my native language i can't write exactly as i want.

Just wanted to share these thoughts.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Digamma

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
301%
Nov 13, 2014
It's the hunger. The ambition. Don't let it consume you. Channel it. When you reap results, it feels amazing.

About the language: your English doesn't seem bad. Just write and have someone proofread it.
Do not let difficulties stop you. This shit is not easy. Overcoming roadblocks is what all this game is about.

Michał Kóska

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
101%
Jan 10, 2015
It's the hunger. The ambition. Don't let it consume you. Channel it. When you reap results, it feels amazing.

I totally agree! Gold words,

I feel the same and the process of going out of it is long. This feeling comes back the me on and on but you have to stay positive no matter what!

mayana

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
120%
Apr 26, 2011
Georgia, USA
There is no Amazon in Turkiye.

Do you speak any other languages? The Amazon platform is available in several countries. Otherwise, just stick to English. It seems good enough to give it a go, especially if you can get someone to help edit.

If you can't get someone to proofread it for you right now, you can still write the book, and set up a simple website to sell it. Of course, you'll have to drive traffic yourself, but it will be very good experience for you. Lots of people do this and do fine with it.

AndrewNC

Limitless
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
433%
Nov 14, 2011
For example i was looking self-publishing topics and started to write an e-book today.
Since English is not my native language i can't write exactly as i want.

Share your work with someone who is fluent in english (plenty of us here) to see how it is.

csalvato

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
297%
May 5, 2014
Rocky Mountain West
Work harder
This is the lazy answer.

Play to your strengths. If your English sucks and you know that, then don't bother.

Sit in a silent room with yourself. Think about yourself. Look in the mirror. Talk to your mom, dad...those closest with you.

Use these insights to find your strengths. Use them to your advantage.

In other words, work smarter. Follow 80/20 and accentuate your strength.

And also, when you find yourself worrying, live by the Serenity Prayer:

God, grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change,
The courage to change the things I can,
And the wisdom to know the difference.

smarty

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
189%
Jan 2, 2013
When you feel worried, you are in your mind and you're letting your mind run the show.

Motion brings Emotion.
A quick way to get out of the worry is to move your body, shake or jump for a minute or two. Worry is an illusion of the mind.
Do some physical activity that you like and worry thoughts will go away almost instantly. Try it.

Peakdesire

Burning Desire to Succeed
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
58%
May 16, 2014

About the language: your English doesn't seem bad. Just write and have someone proofread it.
Do not let difficulties stop you. This shit is not easy. Overcoming roadblocks is what all this game is about.

This. It's the ambition.

I feel like you often. You just have to figure a way to channel it and start doing stuff and it will go away.

axiom

Silver Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
287%
Dec 6, 2014
commit to a quota each day (ie word count). pick a number that will challenge you but not impossible. once you finish your quota each day, you will feel yourself making progress.

as far as the english thing goes, just write. the more you write the better you'll get. I write a lot (not professionally) and I wrote a novel in about three weeks last year--though i'm a native speaker, I felt my natural writing skills improve every single day. don't worry about grammar and spelling, just get a good editor.

Ninjakid

Platinum Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
217%
Jun 23, 2014
Buddy Guy Eh
If there's a tugging feeling within you that's saying that you should be doing more, chances are that's your intuition telling you to go out and make something happen.

That's a lot better than having no ambition or drive, and becoming complacent with where you are.

Maybe you can find someone who can translate the book into English for a reasonable price.

Mattie

Platinum Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
129%
May 28, 2014
U.S.
Probably best bet just go on hubpages and practice writing in english, they'll help you with grammar if you ask and writing and you might even find someone nice enough to proof read and edit your book for free or low price. It's a nice community. Otherwise check on fivver for someone, or even facebook writing groups. There are nice people out there. You just have to find them.

RogueInnovation

Gold Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
170%
Jul 28, 2013
I worried for the first 5 years. I don't anymore because success is now subconscious.

You have to practice what you want to be good at, until you are.
Yeaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaars of believing you won't make it, until you just brush it off your shoulders and relax while doing a great job.

Try to ignore it.
Give your best.
And don't mind the haters that tell you that you don't work hard enough, its total sh#t.

IMHO, don't focus only on writing, focus on businesses in general, manufacturing, service industries, etc, thats bread n butter.

Journey2Million$

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
155%
Jan 3, 2015
I've been told by success gurus that you shouldn't worry, because it programs your mind to fail, because you are visualizing failure. Instead you should do the opposite. You should always be positive & optimistic and always visualize yourself succeeding. I can't think of any highly successful people who spend a lot of time worrying but I can think of a lot of losers who do. Maybe the reason you're worrying is because you're not getting enough work done and not developing enough skills.

Also, Dan Kennedy says that when you're in a bad situation that makes you panic or worry, the best way to deal with it is to take a lot of action. That's why I said work harder. Do more work. Increase your abilities and skills. Become bigger than your problems. Also come up with new solutions to challenges. It seems to me it'd be easy and inexpensive to pay someone to proofread your writing.

Last edited:

Envision

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
783%
May 5, 2014
SO glad this thread came up. Im 20 and im feeling the same way. Its a matter of my mind not thinking Im doing enough. But in reality, Im doing so much that I need to plan it out more.

Also don't compare yourself to others, it leads to feelings of inadequacy.

zerobrainwash

Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
120%
Feb 20, 2015
Baltics
I agree with Envision that comparing yourself is the fastest way to feel inadequate which at least for me used to be a major stressor in life. There are a few things that I do now to help manage each day:
  1. Eat properly, drink lots of water, sleep.
  2. Meditation is like gym for the brain. It's useful in that it teaches you how to keep thoughts under control and not get sucked upon by anxiety.
  3. Exercise. Richard Branson has said that it's his #1 secret to greater productivity ( and it's not secret, our generation is just lazy sitting in front of computers all day).
  4. Keep daily journal. Writing down things on paper is extremely useful. I do that every morning to briefly plan the day and then at night to summarize what went wrong, what I could do better next day, etc.
  5. Understand that you are here for the long haul. I have this problem too where nothing is happening fast enough, no matter how much I do. Staying consistent is what really matters, not working 80 hour/weeks and burning out.
This is what works for me currently to balance university, freelance work and side project commitments and keep anxieties down. Health comes first, always take care of the body and mind. Once you are feeling strong, nothing can stand in your way. But if you aren't, even minor difficulties might discourage you from pursuing the project.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.