The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Huge questioning in my current development

f10M

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
10%
Oct 15, 2012
Quebec, Canada
Hey guys, I'm currently building a new software for my new company and I can't stop questionning myself about the main feature I'm building. I think everyone here can answer or give their though on this. I'll make it short because I don't want this to been seen as promotion. I'm building an appointment reminder web app that reminds customer via SMS. I've done my research and I'm doing test in local business here in Canada. The feature I'm questioning is that when a business send a SMS reminder to their clients the software does nothing if the clients answer the SMS to confirm it. Because what I've noticed is that here in Canada people can receive free of charge SMS (whatever their phone plan is) but when they send SMS (like to confirm an appointment) if they do not have SMS in their plan they can be charged for this. Because again I'm not working with shortcodes (for SMS marketing) but with local phone number. And right now the business that use my application ask for clients to call back if they have some problems. My question to you is: As a customer that receive a SMS reminder would you be comfortable to reply to the SMS to confirm or decline your appointment?

It's not that it's difficult to program it's just that business already have process and software for their appointment and I have build my software to not disrupt what they have in place but to be there as a complement to save time & money. Hope you guys can help me out.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.