The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Huge demand of this service in our country

A post of a ranting nature...

NikPrimc

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
67%
Oct 30, 2020
Hello,

Together with lockdown and Christmas time, there is a HUUGE demand of package delivery here in Slovenia (EU). Actually our biggest shipping provider (owned by the government) can't handle it anymore, so do other private delivery companies. Online stores and other companies started to look for other ways of delivery.

My question: is there a modern way of delivery business in your country and how does it work? (I am notified with drones - not possible here at the moment)...

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Kal-El1998

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
77%
Nov 25, 2020
I don't know of anything like this...but it's got me thinking...I bet someone would make bank if they could create a delivery company for packages and products similar to door dash.

Onakosa

"When I grow up I want to be ... "
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
108%
Oct 23, 2020
UK
Do you mean couriers? There are loads of them here in the UK. Fed-ex, Hermes, DPD, A1 etc, and the local ones used by Amazon, Next and so on.

If your country doesn't already have them, maybe try thinking about an industry specific service like the DX system used by lawyers here? You pay a set fee and can send as much post as you wish to other DX users. The post is collected and dropped off at a local station twice a day. Lawyers frequently send big bundles of paper, heavy files etc, and the DX is reliable, so it's a good service for them.

alexkuzmov

Gold Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
130%
Sep 20, 2019
Bulgaria
Hello,

Together with lockdown and Christmas time, there is a HUUGE demand of package delivery here in Slovenia (EU). Actually our biggest shipping provider (owned by the government) can't handle it anymore, so do other private delivery companies. Online stores and other companies started to look for other ways of delivery.

My question: is there a modern way of delivery business in your country and how does it work? (I am notified with drones - not possible here at the moment)...
The current way of delivery is pretty efficient.
The fact that covid forced things wont change that.
Delivery companies have a problem with scale at the moment which they can and will quickly resolve.
Unless you find a way to skew value on multiple points, you cant compete.

alexkuzmov

Gold Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
130%
Sep 20, 2019
Bulgaria
I don't know of anything like this...but it's got me thinking...I bet someone would make bank if they could create a delivery company for packages and products similar to door dash.
Doesn't work like that for package delivery. Almost all products come from fulfilment hubs and are sent out across the country or abroad.
Food delivery is always local, this is why services like Door Dash are possible.
You can do something similar to Door Dash but the deliveries have to be local.

Strm

Mamba Mentality!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
221%
Feb 4, 2018
Estonia
Do you also have pick-up points in Slovenia and how much of them?
Here we have 3-4 pick up points providers and we have PUPs in pretty much every store and we don't need couriers to deliver packages to doorstep. The whole country is covered with PUPs.

AlfaStream

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
153%
Jul 21, 2020
United States
Hello,

Delivery Drivers, but like Uber.

NikPrimc

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
67%
Oct 30, 2020
Do you also have pick-up points in Slovenia and how much of them?
Here we have 3-4 pick up points providers and we have PUPs in pretty much every store and we don't need couriers to deliver packages to doorstep. The whole country is covered with PUPs.
Hi. So the actual situation:
A company (toy reseller) sells product over internet and need to deliver it. Slovenia Post take like 14 days, because they are too busy. So I am thinking of something quicker here - like a community like Uber or something.

Strm

Mamba Mentality!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
221%
Feb 4, 2018
Estonia
Hi. So the actual situation:
A company (toy reseller) sells product over internet and need to deliver it. Slovenia Post take like 14 days, because they are too busy. So I am thinking of something quicker here - like a community like Uber or something.

Okay, got it. Here, to order a package to pick-up-point, it takes around 2-3 days. If you don't have this system there, maybe there's something to look into. When you have a PUP, driver needs to deliver only to that place, not go to every person personally.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.