The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success
  • SPONSORED: GiganticWebsites.com: We Build Sites with THOUSANDS of Unique and Genuinely Useful Articles

30% to 50% Fastlane-exclusive discounts on WordPress-powered websites with everything included: WordPress setup, design, keyword research, article creation and article publishing. Click HERE to claim.

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

How you should NOT treat your clients

dkt91

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
32%
Aug 15, 2008
Lima, Peru
Today I had to see the doctor - just a routine medical check-up for which we made the appointment more than two months ago.

So today after school I took the bus (I had to buy a ticket of course!) and set off for my doctor's office. Then, about two bus stops away from the office my cellphone rang. It was the receptionist who told me the appointment had been canceled for today because all the doctors had been on strike. When doctors go on strike they know it weeks before.... so why hadn't they called me a bit earlyer?

Great. I just wasted some money on bus tickets I didn't need and even worse more than two hours of my valuable time. I expect an appropriate compensation or these guys will have seen me for the last time.

And the moral of the story: Don't piss off your clients like that - and in case you do it accidently give them an appropriate compensation and a sorry. So far I got neither - very bad.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Sparlin

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
11%
Feb 23, 2009
Wichita, Kansas
Doctors going on strike? I'm glad we don't have to worry about that stuff here, at least for now. You reference a point that most people forget, Doctors are in business. They should treat you like a customer, not a number.

A college professor of mine told me he had an appointment once, so he cancelled meetings and drove across town to go to it. He sat in the waiting room for an hour before being told the doctor couldn't see him.
As I recall the story, it was for a nonemergent reason and the doctor had done that once before. My professor figured out how much his time was worth (I think it was approximately $60) and he sent the Doctor a bill.
The Doctor agreed with my prof. and paid the bill.

hatterasguy

Bronze Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
9%
Jul 29, 2008
Your Doctors don't have to treat you guys well, they get paid jack no matter what they work for the state.

Around here if they mess with you they lose business and money, so they don't.

I had a 2:30 Doctors appointment thursday. I arrived at 2:32 and was talking to the Doctor at 2:45, and out 20 minutes later.

fanocks2003

Banned
Mar 31, 2008
Sweden
Today I had to see the doctor - just a routine medical check-up for which we made the appointment more than two months ago.

So today after school I took the bus (I had to buy a ticket of course!) and set off for my doctor's office. Then, about two bus stops away from the office my cellphone rang. It was the receptionist who told me the appointment had been canceled for today because all the doctors had been on strike. When doctors go on strike they know it weeks before.... so why hadn't they called me a bit earlyer?

Great. I just wasted some money on bus tickets I didn't need and even worse more than two hours of my valuable time. I expect an appropriate compensation or these guys will have seen me for the last time.

And the moral of the story: Don't piss off your clients like that - and in case you do it accidently give them an appropriate compensation and a sorry. So far I got neither - very bad.

1. I hate wasting time and money just as you do. So I agree with your anger.
2. Some clients, be good to them. Others, fire them. Be selective.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Kung Fu Steve

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
283%
Jul 8, 2008
Road Warrior
Just like investing, you need to take control of your health. I know obviously not the easiest concept to take in but problems such as asthma, osteoporosis, acid reflux, cancer, weight issues, cold, flu, digestive issues, stomach problems, blood issues, fatigue, depression, aging, skin trouble, arthritis, aches and pains, and many, many more can all be fixed by a healthy correct diet. After what I've learned in the past year I don't think a regular doctor can do much for me except prescribe medication if I drastically need it or wrap my arm in a cast.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.