• The Entrepreneur Forum | Startups | Entrepreneurship | Starting a Business | Motivation | Success
  1. Join 50,000+ entrepreneurs
    who are kicking butt and
    winning their dream life.

Unscripted™ Entrepreneurship:
    A Business That Pays More Than Money, It Pays Time.

"Fastlane" is an entrepreneur discussion forum based on The Unscripted Entrepreneurial Framework (TUNEF) outlined in the two best-selling books by MJ DeMarco (The Millionaire Fastlane and UNSCRIPTED™). From multimillionaires to digital nomads, the forum features real entrepreneurs creating real businesses.

Download (Unscripted) Download (Millionaire Fastlane)  Register
    Registering for the forum removes this block!

How would you make money on a 18k FB group?

Discussion in 'General Entrepreneur Discussion' started by momomaurice, May 20, 2018.

1. momomaurice

momomaurice Bronze Contributor Read Millionaire Fastlane Speedway Pass

Rep Bank:
    $1,270
    My friend has a Facebook group with 18 thousand members and is wondering how he could make extra money from it. The group is about gardening and maintainence around your home where he offers tips and advice. Would anyone have any advice on this or suggestions on how to make some money from it?

2. ColmMcGrass

ColmMcGrass New Contributor

Rep Bank:
    $6
    :thumbsup::thumbsup:

3. Thoelt53

Thoelt53 Gold Contributor Read Millionaire Fastlane I've Read UNSCRIPTED FASTLANE INSIDER Speedway Pass

Rep Bank:
    $5,310
    You and your friend should read TMF or Unscripted.

Then find a common pain point of people in his group. Should be easy to do with 18 thousand people.

Develop, test, and launch a product or a service that satisfies the aforementioned pain point.

4. momomaurice

momomaurice Bronze Contributor Read Millionaire Fastlane Speedway Pass

Rep Bank:
    $1,270
    Thanks. I have them both read already. He has a plan that he can ask people with services to advertise on his group and they then pay a monthly fee. He was just looking for other ideas to add to the mix.

5. Vigilante

Vigilante Legendary Contributor Staff Member Read Millionaire Fastlane I've Read UNSCRIPTED FASTLANE INSIDER Speedway Pass LEGENDARY CONTRIBUTOR Summit Attendee

Rep Bank:
    $197,765
    Tell him to charge them each $10. That'd be $180, 000.

Boom.

NMdad, TonyStark, André G. and 5 others like this.
  6. Tom.V

Tom.V Tom Read Millionaire Fastlane FASTLANE INSIDER Speedway Pass Summit Attendee

Rep Bank:
    $10,879
    Service offerings from specific providers would be tough unless it's a very geo specific audience (all in the same state for instance). However, he could sign up for HomeAdvisors affiliate program or some other aff program that accepts phone calls with national coverage and post lawn maintenance/design related posts on a recurring basis through the busy season. Lawn maintenance to retaining walls to sodd, probably looking at $5 to $20 per lead.

Lawn and gardening products would also be the ideal fit here, just identify the needs of the market and try to be as relevant as possible when making recommendations.

7. Bearcorp

Bearcorp Silver Contributor Read Millionaire Fastlane FASTLANE INSIDER Speedway Pass

Rep Bank:
    $2,271
    I can't remember the name of it, but there is a Facebook group started by a guy in the state I live in, sharing pictures of epic lawns. He grew to 70k members, and started selling anything relevant, gardening tools, fertiliser, whatever you need to grow a good lawn.

Your friend could develop his own gardening/home maintenance brand, start by selling products to the group and expand his reach with Amazon, eBay, google etc.

As for the social media, get a before/after movement going, showing how advice, products, have helped changed peoples outside areas... Show some photos or videos of celebrity outside areas, something for people to aspire to... Theres heaps to do here with the right energy and execution.

advancedyn, Fox, Daniel A and 2 others like this.
  8. ColmMcGrass

ColmMcGrass New Contributor

Rep Bank:
    $6
    Hey, I,m the friend ha.

Thinking of having an Approved vendor list. I set a precedent for a high standard of work, and minimum entry criteria. Once a vendor is on this list it means I have approved him basically, and the customers know that the vendor is to a standard. Specifically a massive emphasis on customer service, and complaint management.

The contractors pay me a subscription of €500 a year with an approved contractor in each state/county and a max of 2 vendors per county unless in capital city where we would split it into large areas.

Customers will soon gain confidence with the approved list.

W. Sabria likes this.
  9. pwilliams84

pwilliams84 Contributor Read Millionaire Fastlane I've Read UNSCRIPTED

Rep Bank:
    $221
    sick math skillz

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

advancedyn and Vigilante like this.
  10. MJ DeMarco

MJ DeMarco Raving Lunatic Staff Member Read Millionaire Fastlane I've Read UNSCRIPTED FASTLANE INSIDER Speedway Pass LEGENDARY CONTRIBUTOR Summit Attendee

Rep Bank:
    $404,139
    Admin Post
    I await to hear the easy secret with baited breath.

I have 150,000 users in my FB group and it has pretty much become worthless... that is unless I went to spend $100 to promote a post to get more worthlessness.

11. pwilliams84

pwilliams84 Contributor Read Millionaire Fastlane I've Read UNSCRIPTED

Rep Bank:
    $221
    i find this hard to believe, though wouldn’t call into question your ability to monetize your reach. i would wonder if it is linked to your admitted fb cynicism (which i share) though?

however, you’re not actively selling products to everyone, right?
    but even just posting a link to your most recent youtube video doesn’t drive traffic, which drives views, which drives income? i know not much, but it’s free, right?

this gardening dude should be able to easily set up a shopify store and ali express some DIY tools out or something. or maybe spend a weekend creating some DIY manuals - flower beds, gardens, bird feeders, whatever? or at a minimum, recommend products through amazons affiliate program?

just doesn’t seem correct to have a following like this and not be able to get ANYTHING out of it. unless the followers were bought from Bali and Pakistan for $0.01 a pop.

mind you, this is coming from a guy who has a million and one ideas that probably could turn into something, but can’t seem to execute anything and is sending this from the shitter at my slow lane workplace trying to escape for 15 minutes.
    good luck.

Xeon likes this.
  12. MJ DeMarco

MJ DeMarco Raving Lunatic Staff Member Read Millionaire Fastlane I've Read UNSCRIPTED FASTLANE INSIDER Speedway Pass LEGENDARY CONTRIBUTOR Summit Attendee

Rep Bank:
    $404,139
    Admin Post
    Ha, probably has a wee-bit to do with it.

I'm selling nothing other than awareness and knowledge.

True, but it is negligible. Any unpaid post would be lucky to get 1000 views.

Kid and Get Right like this.
  13. Rockford

Rockford Burpee Enthusiast Read Millionaire Fastlane I've Read UNSCRIPTED

Rep Bank:
    $593
    I would also recommend building an email list from those 18k members. That's an asset you can take with you should Facebook decide to upend the applecart in some way.

advancedyn likes this.
  14. IGP

IGP Gold Contributor Read Millionaire Fastlane I've Read UNSCRIPTED FASTLANE INSIDER Speedway Pass

Rep Bank:
    $7,734
    Is FB Group reach really as low as page reach these days?

I'm in a lot of groups and constantly get notified of new posts.

15. Thoelt53

Thoelt53 Gold Contributor Read Millionaire Fastlane I've Read UNSCRIPTED FASTLANE INSIDER Speedway Pass

Rep Bank:
    $5,310
    It's completely useless even for simple idea extraction?

I meant that it should be easy to extract at least an idea or two from a group of 18k people. I didn't mean to imply they would buy a product/service it.

16. Fox

Fox Moderator Staff Member Read Millionaire Fastlane I've Read UNSCRIPTED FASTLANE INSIDER Speedway Pass LEGENDARY CONTRIBUTOR

Rep Bank:
    $83,781
    I think OP means a FB group and MJ means an FB Page. Pages reach without promotion are next to zero these days. But (well run) groups are super active. I have close to 3k active members a day on a group with only 6.5k total.

For an FB group there is a lot you could do...

- poll everyone on their favorite gardening products then make an organized amazon listing thread and pin it to the top. That will be instant affiliate money and you could do it tomorrow.

- partner with some else’s products or services and work an affiliate deal. Little harder than amazon but higher %

- make your own products and services. Most effort but biggest payoff and control.

With 5% of your group buying something over a year it would only take a one off $110 product to make 100k. Or $9 a month. If you got your value right it shouldn’t be too hard.

NMdad, MMatt, advancedyn and 3 others like this.
  17. Fox

Fox Moderator Staff Member Read Millionaire Fastlane I've Read UNSCRIPTED FASTLANE INSIDER Speedway Pass LEGENDARY CONTRIBUTOR

Rep Bank:
    $83,781
    Just to share some stats on a group of 6500:

Screen Shot 2018-05-26 at 9.04.23 a.m..png

Screen Shot 2018-05-26 at 9.05.22 a.m..png Screen Shot 2018-05-26 at 9.06.01 a.m..png

An 18k group should be 2-3 times as active as this. With the right mindset and some great value products/services/systems you should be able to make something work. Tag me in this thread if you need more feedback, I have been working with groups for a while now.

momomaurice and advancedyn like this.
  18. Dunkafelics

Dunkafelics Silver Contributor Read Millionaire Fastlane I've Read UNSCRIPTED Speedway Pass Summit Attendee

Rep Bank:
    $4,063

Join 1000s of entrepreneurs who are rewriting life's script and winning financial freedom.

---- ----

You must be a member to join the conversation.

Create Account

Join the community fast and easy!

REGISTER

Already have an account? Login here.