MrDoctor
New Contributor
- Joined
- Aug 13, 2007
- Messages
- 75
Rep Bank
$95
$95
User Power: 12%
Hey all,
So I am putting together my first business. Unfortunately I do need a couple of investors the help me start up initially, so I obviously need to explain to them my business to them. However, my business is a great idea. No one in the field does it and it will be a hit :icon_super: . I am going to change an industry.
My question to any fastlaners who have started a business, is how would you get potential investors from stealing your business idea?
A non disclosure agreement? Is that even going to hold up in court if a situation arises?
It's a long shot, since you never know if the person with the money would even want to backdoor you and use your business plan as his/her own. However, from experience, I don't trust too many people.
So I am putting together my first business. Unfortunately I do need a couple of investors the help me start up initially, so I obviously need to explain to them my business to them. However, my business is a great idea. No one in the field does it and it will be a hit :icon_super: . I am going to change an industry.
My question to any fastlaners who have started a business, is how would you get potential investors from stealing your business idea?
A non disclosure agreement? Is that even going to hold up in court if a situation arises?
It's a long shot, since you never know if the person with the money would even want to backdoor you and use your business plan as his/her own. However, from experience, I don't trust too many people.
Dislike ads? Become a Fastlane member:
Subscribe today and surround yourself with winners and millionaire mentors, not those broke friends who only want to drink beer and play video games. :-)
Access Restricted: Unlock 1,000,000+ Posts
Stop Peeking Through the Keyhole.
Open the Door.
You hit a wall because the best advice isn't free—it's earned. Since 2007, MJ DeMarco has been active here daily (99.9% active rate), building a war room for entrepreneurs who refuse to settle for mediocrity.
- Active Daily: Life-changing content posted dozens of times every day. No dead threads.
- MJ's Inner Circle: Direct access to the author of The Millionaire Fastlane.
- Vetted Network: Connect with founders scaling to 7 and 8 figures.
- Proven Roadmaps: Strategy over motivation. Execution over "hustle porn."
"SCALED TO 6-FIGURE MONTHS"
"Tips and advice here saved me from huge mistakes, others allowed me to scale my business to 6-figure months."— User MitchC
"INSANE QUALITY OF PEOPLE"
"The number of high quality people I've met from this forum has been insane. All of it predicated on building real value."— User Richard Peck
"You are the average of the five people you surround yourself with."
Are you surrounding yourself with success?
