The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

How to find a business partner

Mr Cracker

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
198%
May 24, 2012
Mexico
Hi, this is my first post.

I am 23 and i'm trying to find a partner to start a website, someone that can code and wants to join me.

Don't know if this is the right forum, where else can i look for a business partner to start a website?

Thanks

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Amail

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
117%
Apr 12, 2012
North San Diego County
Well, you've probably come to the right place.

You're asking two different questions: Who can help you code a website, and who wants to be a business partner. If your business is going to be developing websites, then perhaps your partner can be your coder.

If you want to start a business and are trying to defray website development costs by partnering with a coder, you'll find lots of opinions. My opinion is to hire out the website work on elance, odesk, guru. It doesn't have to be expensive for a minimally viable website.

In order to really tailor a helpful response, though, you need to tell us what you want to do. What will your business be?

Mr Cracker

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
198%
May 24, 2012
Mexico
I know how to code a web site, i'm looking for a business partner that can code too.

I'd like to have a partner to discuss ideas and start a website.

Mike39

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
100%
Mar 17, 2012
Orlando, FL
I know how to code a web site, i'm looking for a business partner that can code too.

I'd like to have a partner to discuss ideas and start a website.

I don't think anyone is going to fall into your lap and say "Sure, i'll be your business partner" without knowing anything about you.

I'm sure some guys can give you some advice on how to find a business partner...... but if you are looking to find a partner on this forum, then you probably need to tell us a little about yourself, where your from, and what type of web based business you are looking to get into. Then maybe someone might possibly want to talk over the phone or meet in person to discuss the idea further, but like I said, nobody who has something between their ears is going to just out of the blue say, what the he!l, ill go into business with this complete stranger over the internet.

theBiz

Silver Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
46%
Jul 9, 2009
NY
1) Whatever your idea is, outsource a cheap mach up, i dont care if you want facebook functionality.. put something up.
2) Find local meet ups where coders go to meet.
3) Maybe local schools for coders if you have any.
4) Offer a decent pay to come on board.

I doubt a you will find a good coder to start with ideas rather than atleast saying hey i own xyz .com and looking to add this or that etc.

You have to keep looking, partnerships will be hard, pay someone in the beginning, once you get something decent than it is more realistic to find a good partner that is a developer.

Inuc

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
89%
Jul 14, 2014
Nigeria
I am open to partnership. Can help with website development.
Hi, this is my first post.

I am 23 and i'm trying to find a partner to start a website, someone that can code and wants to join me.

Don't know if this is the right forum, where else can i look for a business partner to start a website?

Thanks

Jose L. Nimmons

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
243%
Jul 31, 2017
Tempe, AZ
Networking through people you have a relationship with is one of the best ways to find potential partners. Personal introductions carry a certain level of trust, so start searching for introductions to likely partners. Let people close to you know that you're looking for a partner. Ask for introductions. People are often willing to share their networks when it seems like a "win-win" for everyone involved.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.

More Intros...