The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success
  • SPONSORED: GiganticWebsites.com: We Build Sites with THOUSANDS of Unique and Genuinely Useful Articles

30% to 50% Fastlane-exclusive discounts on WordPress-powered websites with everything included: WordPress setup, design, keyword research, article creation and article publishing. Click HERE to claim.

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

How to expand my case business?

bonkers123

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
3%
Jun 25, 2009
Queens, NY
I was wondering how I can expand my computer case business. I have registered my business with the state and even got a federal id # for it. I currently sell computer cases, majority of them are apple laptop cases and iphone case. I was wondering how I can make my business bigger? Is getting in the business of selling computer cases that protect your laptop even a good idea that can make you successful? I have been working on this for almost 2 years now and in the process of developing new idea for the cases. If you guys can help in any way I would really appreciate it. Thank You!

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

rocksolid

Bronze Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
25%
Nov 17, 2008
New York
Is there something that makes your cases stand out? Different from other cases? You have been doing this for 2 years. Who do you sell to and do you have repeat business? Tell us a little more about how you go about selling and what marketing you do for the business. Do you sell on ebay, door to door, in retail stores?

bonkers123

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
3%
Jun 25, 2009
Queens, NY
Hi I have my own online web store at

Apple MacBook 13 Full Body/Keyboard Silicone case!

I sell mostly through the internet and through craigslist. I want to sell to retail stores but I do not know how to go about doing that. I have read some where hiring independent sales rep is a good idea? However I am not exactly sure how too determine the fees for there services. I get steady business, at least 3 orders a week i would say? I am trying to expand it and maybe sell to bigger companies but dunno how? Any info is helpful.. Thank You.

imoutthere

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
13%
Jan 21, 2009
Va
Wow, i think this might be spam.

You need your own domain name, the use your host to autoforward to this domain. Then promote the heck out of it.

If you are serious, i would go around ecrater and set up my own ecommerce site with a laptop case dropshipper. Check out post made by "biophase". also check out his blog.

ecrater will take the majority of your commision. Get serious if this is your business, go to magenta or another shopping cart. Start reading some books or blogs about ecommerce, then start promoting.

BTW, ecrater has a F*cking outstanding biz model. Set up a free ecommerce builder for users, host it, provide products, cut a wholesale deal with a dropshipper, sell the random products, provide the shopping cart, have the user promote it using there money, then split the revenue with the end user.. F*cking outstanding. no upfront cost, unlimited upsell, cross sell opportunities. Im surprised they dont have more PR for this site.

bonkers123

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
3%
Jun 25, 2009
Queens, NY
have you used ecrater before imoutthere? I hired a free lancer to build me a web store using magento but he messed it up. I dont know how to build website so I hired someone to do it. But you can explain a little more clearly what you mean by the drop shipping with ecrater? Thanks.

qpreneur13

PARKED
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
0% - New User
Apr 30, 2009
Looking at your niche there is a definite market for it,however it's very competitive.That's not that big of a deal as long as you are a hard worker,and will do twice as much work than your competitor(s).As far as promotion of your business do these things consistently and you WILL grow:

1.website
2.press releases
3.video marketing
4.podcasting
5.classified ads
6.social media
7.PPC,PPV,Media buys
8.forum posting
9.blog posting
10.affiliate marketing

imoutthere

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
13%
Jan 21, 2009
Va
No, i never used them before. It was just one of those moments when i realized a good a idea that i havent thought of.

A dropshipper is usually a product manufacturer. If you contact them directly, they will usually give you a better pricing per item you sell.

What ecrater did was establish a relationship with either 1 huge manufacturer of with many smaller ones. They then have the ability to sell items on there site at a price at very lost cost. they then let you sell that same item at a more inflated price.

the price you sell it for will make you some money. But chances are they will either make more than you on the sale or they will break even with you.

They are using you as leverage to sell for them, while giving you a taste of the profit.

I reccomend you read the "four hour work week" by tim ferris. He goes into this very well.

also check out search "ecommerce" in this forum.

bonkers123

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
3%
Jun 25, 2009
Queens, NY
That is what I am doing right now. I am contact suppliers oversees and buying from them directly. I hate dealing with middle men as they usually up the price a lot more. The suppliers I work with are great however I want to make it bigger. Is myspaceing and facebooking my website a good idea?

biophase

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
474%
Jul 25, 2007
Scottsdale, AZ
I took a look at your store and I don't clearly understand what you are selling? Are all the products on the caselogic site yours? Or is your product just the Novacase? The store you have is not really your own. I don't see any type of cohesion with the products. You sell a case and led candles and video games? What kind of store are you trying to project?

You need to work on your product names. All I see is Brand New or New Apple in your thumbnails. Way too many astericks in your descriptions.

bonkers123

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
3%
Jun 25, 2009
Queens, NY
I took a look at your store and I don't clearly understand what you are selling? Are all the products on the caselogic site yours? Or is your product just the Novacase? The store you have is not really your own. I don't see any type of cohesion with the products. You sell a case and led candles and video games? What kind of store are you trying to project?

You need to work on your product names. All I see is Brand New or New Apple in your thumbnails. Way too many astericks in your descriptions.

I mostly deal with laptop cases but I have other item that I sell on the side that I put up on my webstore. My business name is Novacases, as I mainly sell cases for laptops. I am trying to see if there are other products or ideas that I can start that deal with cases but I feel like the market is just too big and there is no much profit to be made selling cases. If you have any ideas or tips that can help i would really appeciate it. thanks.

biophase

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
474%
Jul 25, 2007
Scottsdale, AZ
The Novacase site looks like a good start.

"I am currently working on my own website Welcome to NoVaCase.com Home page, it is taking sometime to build though. If I contact dropshipdirect they have services that can help me sell them to the stores? I do have a lot of cases laying around in my house so is dropshippingdirect the best way to get rid of them? The cases I have is my business name that I thought of but the items I sell are cases with no generic names on them...can I put my business name on it if there is no name too it? Do you think it is a good idea to do that to help get my name out there?... Thanks."

You can contact a dropship site and they may help you sell them, but a better choice would be for you to contact other online stores that sell cases and see if they will carry your cases and you can dropship for them.

So let me understand this so far. You bought a bunch of generic laptop and ipod cases overseas, now you have a bunch of them in your house. You are trying to sell them retail. How many do you have in stock? 50, 200, 500, 1000?

Your cases are probably being sold online at other stores right?? Have you found any other stores selling the same ones?

You really need to build your brand up first. Can you add any value to the cases so you can sell them at a premium?

bonkers123

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
3%
Jun 25, 2009
Queens, NY
The Novacase site looks like a good start.

"I am currently working on my own website Welcome to NoVaCase.com Home page, it is taking sometime to build though. If I contact dropshipdirect they have services that can help me sell them to the stores? I do have a lot of cases laying around in my house so is dropshippingdirect the best way to get rid of them? The cases I have is my business name that I thought of but the items I sell are cases with no generic names on them...can I put my business name on it if there is no name too it? Do you think it is a good idea to do that to help get my name out there?... Thanks."

You can contact a dropship site and they may help you sell them, but a better choice would be for you to contact other online stores that sell cases and see if they will carry your cases and you can dropship for them.

So let me understand this so far. You bought a bunch of generic laptop and ipod cases overseas, now you have a bunch of them in your house. You are trying to sell them retail. How many do you have in stock? 50, 200, 500, 1000?

Your cases are probably being sold online at other stores right?? Have you found any other stores selling the same ones?

You really need to build your brand up first. Can you add any value to the cases so you can sell them at a premium?

Yeah the cases I have are a bunch mostly 100 a pieces right now, I dont buy over 100 at at time. The cases are generic so is it possible to still put my own brand on it, legal wise? Also I do offer stuff for my cases more with better quality compared to other retailers. If I put my own brand on it will it be more better for my business? Thanks

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.