The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

How much help (financial and otherwise) should a person take from others?

Anything related to matters of the mind

Shashwat

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
100%
Dec 28, 2018
So basically I live in Mumbai, and I will be starting my business after completing my education.

My parents are upper middle class, so they can probably help with some finance when I begin, but I will not take any help unless I need it desperately. However I want to know, what do fastlaners think about how much help should a person take from parents, relatives, etc.

Another question is a bit location based. The population of my city is estimated to be around 22 million (more than some countries lol), so there are a lot of helpful people (alongside unhelpful people). If I am starting on my own, to what extent should I take help from others (practically a lot of things can be done by help from other people, provided you have the patience to request again and again and try many people).

I want to know the views of people from this forum.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

ChrisV

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
225%
May 10, 2015
Islands of Calleja
I think that those 'helping hand' types arangments are designed to benefit society. For instance in New York (US) tuition is now free for any state college... provided you stay in the state for at least 4 years. The motivation behind this is obvious. They want to boost the economy. So if you accepting 'help' will lead to a better society, I don't see any shame in it.

But I do think, especially in this case, it's important to make sure your business will actually benefit the people around you.

Ing

Gold Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
102%
Jun 8, 2019
Bavaria
A friend got financial help from his parents for a business.
His partners were cheating him. When the money was gone, he had nothing but experience.
Lateron he built up a business and than went the fastlane way.

What i want tosay: be careful with foreign money more than your own.
Only take foreign money, when you are sure.

Just my 2 cents

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.