The Entrepreneur Forum | Startups | Entrepreneurship | Starting a Business | Motivation | Success

How much help (financial and otherwise) should a person take from others?

Remove ads while supporting the Unscripted philosophy...become an INSIDER.

Shashwat

New Contributor
Dec 28, 2018
So basically I live in Mumbai, and I will be starting my business after completing my education.

My parents are upper middle class, so they can probably help with some finance when I begin, but I will not take any help unless I need it desperately. However I want to know, what do fastlaners think about how much help should a person take from parents, relatives, etc.

Another question is a bit location based. The population of my city is estimated to be around 22 million (more than some countries lol), so there are a lot of helpful people (alongside unhelpful people). If I am starting on my own, to what extent should I take help from others (practically a lot of things can be done by help from other people, provided you have the patience to request again and again and try many people).

I want to know the views of people from this forum.

Don't like ads? Remove them while supporting the forum. Subscribe.

ChrisV

Platinum Contributor
Read Millionaire Fastlane
I've Read UNSCRIPTED
Speedway Pass
May 10, 2015
Islands of Calleja
I think that those 'helping hand' types arangments are designed to benefit society. For instance in New York (US) tuition is now free for any state college... provided you stay in the state for at least 4 years. The motivation behind this is obvious. They want to boost the economy. So if you accepting 'help' will lead to a better society, I don't see any shame in it.

But I do think, especially in this case, it's important to make sure your business will actually benefit the people around you.

Ing

Bronze Contributor
Read Millionaire Fastlane
Speedway Pass
Jun 8, 2019
Bavaria
A friend got financial help from his parents for a business.
His partners were cheating him. When the money was gone, he had nothing but experience.
Lateron he built up a business and than went the fastlane way.

What i want tosay: be careful with foreign money more than your own.
Only take foreign money, when you are sure.

Just my 2 cents

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Sponsored Offers

MARKETPLACE Lex DeVille's - Advanced Freelance Udemy Courses!
Thanks for sharing. I want a course to optimize for other than Google engines.
MARKETPLACE You Are One Call Away From Living Your Dream Life - LightHouse’s Accountability Program ⚡
Welcome to 2020, I wanted to add in a quick note about gratitude for the new year...

Don't like ads? Remove them while supporting the forum. Subscribe to become an INSIDER.

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Monthly conference calls with doers
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.

Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected - Please Disable

Yes, ads can be annoying. But please...

...to support the Unscripted/Fastlane mission (and to respect the immense amount of time needed to manage this forum) please DISABLE your ad-block. Thank you.

I've Disabled AdBlock