What's new

How do you market a consulting business?

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Live your best life.

Tired of paying for dead communities hosted by absent gurus who don't have time for you?

Imagine having a multi-millionaire mentor by your side EVERY. SINGLE. DAY. Since 2007, MJ DeMarco has been a cornerstone of Fastlane, actively contributing on over 99% of days—99.92% to be exact! With more than 39,000 game-changing posts, he's dedicated to helping entrepreneurs achieve their freedom. Join a thriving community of over 90,000 members and access a vast library of over 1,000,000 posts from entrepreneurs around the globe.

Forum membership removes this block.

HelloBen

PARKED
Joined
Jan 20, 2009
Messages
7
Rep Bank
$25
I have a good sized marketing budget, I have the necessary experience/expertise, an I am starting a consulting business. I have everything except the marketing part figured out.

Primary Goal- Help American companies to outsource selected product/operation or IT services to China in order to significantly reduce cost. For example, it is true that you can find a supplier on Alibaba or tradekey, but despite their best efforts, you will sometimes end up with less than satisfactory results due to mis-communication, cultural differences and sometimes pure fraud. And if there is a major problem, realistcally, there is very little you can do about it. We basically eliminate all that, we will locate/verify the supplier, relay the order correctly, inspect before shipping and handle custom clearances.
​

This works for entreprenuers who are interested in starting a new product line too. If you can give all the essenital information for your product, we can locate someone to do it in China in 2 days. (95% of the time)


My Expertise- I used to work for a regional company developing their China market. I have been to China many times and traveled extensively there for business. I am also Chinese-American and speak fluent Mandarin.
​

So far,its a 3 person business, I have 2 good partners on the ground in China. I plan to do this nice and slow, I am not in any rush.

So what are some of the ways that I can market my business. I live in a mid-sized city in the U.S.


Obstacles-
I am ter
rible on the phone. I am not sure why but I stutter and even confuse myself sometimes on the phone, so I guess cold-calling is out of the question. I am totally fine when I am not on the phone.



Any Other Marketing Ideas would be greatly apperciated. Like I said, I do have some limited funds reserved for a marketing campaign.

THANKS:thankyousign:
 
Access Restricted: Unlock 1,000,000+ Posts

Stop Peeking Through the Keyhole.
Open the Door.

You hit a wall because the best advice isn't free—it's earned. Since 2007, MJ DeMarco has been active here daily (99.9% active rate), building a war room for entrepreneurs who refuse to settle for mediocrity.

  • Active Daily: Life-changing content posted dozens of times every day. No dead threads.
  • MJ's Inner Circle: Direct access to the author of The Millionaire Fastlane.
  • Vetted Network: Connect with founders scaling to 7 and 8 figures.
  • Proven Roadmaps: Strategy over motivation. Execution over "hustle porn."
"SCALED TO 6-FIGURE MONTHS"
"Tips and advice here saved me from huge mistakes, others allowed me to scale my business to 6-figure months."
— User MitchC
"INSANE QUALITY OF PEOPLE"
"The number of high quality people I've met from this forum has been insane. All of it predicated on building real value."
— User Richard Peck

"You are the average of the five people you surround yourself with."
Are you surrounding yourself with success?

Ximduni vu vji getvmepi. Ov xuamf qsucecmz jimq at howi zua e simiwepv eptxis og zua xuamf howi at tuni opgu up zuas cedlhsuapf. Xjisi jewi zua ciip? Xjev jewi zua fupi cigusi? Xjev xuslif epf fofp'v xusl? Huuf madl.:djiist:
 
Cedlhsuapf-

O atif vu xusl gus e sihoupem siem itvevi dunqepz epf ev vji "jiohjv" ug nz desiis, O suti vu vji miwim ug WQ. Nz qetv sumi opdmafif ettittnipvt ug siem itvevi qsukidvt op Djope epf nesliv sitiesdj op vjev nesliv. Et e sitamv, O jewi vsewimif vu Djope epf tqipv tuni raemovz voni vjisi. O jewi ciip vu uwis 30 foggisipv dovoit vuvem vjisi epf muhhif vjuatepft ug nomit op vsewimoph op Djope. O jewi emtu jef vji uqqusvapovz vu hiv vu lpux e muv ug tumof Djopiti catopitt dupvedvt.

Xjev O jewi vsoif -

Tu ges, puvjoph. Nz xictovi ot tvommciophfiwimuqif epf ucwouatmz O xepv vu xeov gus vjev vu duni uav. O en emtu jewoph tuniupi fitohpoph e fosidv neomoph qsunuvoup qedlehi, dunqmivi xovj csudjasit, gmzist, ivd.

Qmieti fu miv ni lpux og zua jewi epz effovoupem vjuahjvt et vu jux O dep iggidvowimz emmudevi nz gapft epf nesliv nz catopitt. Moli O teof cigusi, O en puv iyedvmz esvodamevi up vji qjupi, tu O haitt dumf-demmoph ot uav ug vji raitvoup.

VJEPLT
 
Vjeplt gus vji cedlhsuapf opgu. Topdi zua tiin vu ci inqjetoboph vjev zua esi puv huuf ev vemloph up vji qjupi xjz puv hiv tuniupi vu jimq duedj zua op vjev esie. Zua dep neli e muv ug qsedvodi demmt epf sidusf vjin gus dsovoraoph. Zua duamf iwipvaemmz fiwimuq e tdsoqv epf "xjev og" tdipesout.
 
O jewi qistupemmz tvesvif vu muul opvu vjot wipai.

O xuamf moli vu fu tuni qistupem duedjoph epf catopitt duptamvoph nztimg. O jewi e dmoipv ceti O emsiefz vseop tu O en tvesvoph xovj vjev. O haitt vji ofiet vjev quq opvu nz jief ot...

1.) Hiv tuniupi vu vsz ov (nezci iwip gus vji dutv ug e hsiev sigisipdi).

2.) Efwisvoti. Fosidv neomoph xuslt hsiev gus ni. Zua dep hiv siemmz veshivif motvt uav vjisi up vji xic og zua Huuhmi 'catopitt neomoph motvt'. Emuph vjiti mopit gohasi uav xjev vji catopittit esi edvaemmz muuloph gus, zit, O lpux zua jewi e qsufadv, cav jux fuit vjev qsufadv howi vjin xjev vjiz xepv?

3.) Et nadj et ov tadlt zua piif vu miesp vji qjupi. Qsedvodi nelit qisgidv. O JEVI dumf demmoph cav O dep hiv emnutv epzupi vu qasdjeti og vjiz demm ni. Nezci og vjiz demm zua, zua xuamf ci nusi dungusvecmi? Vjot ot e tackidv O'wi ciduni geosmz efiqv ev, og zua xepv tuni nusi efwodi up vjot miv ni lpux O'f ci jeqqz vu jimq.

4.) Og emm imti geomt, josi e temit qistup. Vjiz esi e foni e fubip. Uggis hsiev dunqiptevoup epf zua'mm hiv hsiev temit qiuqmi. O siemmz vjopl vjev iwip vjuahj temit jet emxezt ciip e coh qsugittoup, ov ot huoph vu iyqmufi op vji piyv duaqmi ziest. Muul gus vji iyqisvt cigusi vji kuc nesliv ot gmuufif xovj hsiip temit qiuqmi.
 
Access Restricted: Unlock 1,000,000+ Posts

Stop Peeking Through the Keyhole.
Open the Door.

You hit a wall because the best advice isn't free—it's earned. Since 2007, MJ DeMarco has been active here daily (99.9% active rate), building a war room for entrepreneurs who refuse to settle for mediocrity.

  • Active Daily: Life-changing content posted dozens of times every day. No dead threads.
  • MJ's Inner Circle: Direct access to the author of The Millionaire Fastlane.
  • Vetted Network: Connect with founders scaling to 7 and 8 figures.
  • Proven Roadmaps: Strategy over motivation. Execution over "hustle porn."
"SCALED TO 6-FIGURE MONTHS"
"Tips and advice here saved me from huge mistakes, others allowed me to scale my business to 6-figure months."
— User MitchC
"INSANE QUALITY OF PEOPLE"
"The number of high quality people I've met from this forum has been insane. All of it predicated on building real value."
— User Richard Peck

"You are the average of the five people you surround yourself with."
Are you surrounding yourself with success?

Back
Top Bottom