The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success
  • SPONSORED: GiganticWebsites.com: We Build Sites with THOUSANDS of Unique and Genuinely Useful Articles

30% to 50% Fastlane-exclusive discounts on WordPress-powered websites with everything included: WordPress setup, design, keyword research, article creation and article publishing. Click HERE to claim.

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

How do you deal with those who try to hold you back?

Anything related to matters of the mind

AndrewNC

Limitless
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
433%
Nov 14, 2011
Doing great things in life and putting yourself out there means that you're going to challenge the status quo.

You have a dream of the future that you want to build, but people challenge and resist the change.

The way most people have grown comfortable and accustomed to doing things is challenged by you. You are a disrupter.

Like you, some of the most innovative minds in history faced adversity when they went against the status quo: The founding fathers, MLK, and some of the most innovative minds in history.

When a president wants to make a massive change in their country, they are faced with ridicule, resistance, and death threats.

Even look at billionaire's like Mark Zuckerberg. You've seen the outcry over the years every time Facebook made a privacy or newsfeed update.

Did he let tens of millions of peoples stop him from living his purpose?

No. He kept pushing forward in the face of adversity.

If you're starting out in this journey, you probably notice it at a small scale like your friends and family telling you that you're going down the wrong path when you choose to chase your dreams. You face that resistance. You face that judgement. You face that ridicule.

How do you deal with it?

I'd actually say that you should shift your focus away from "having to deal with it" and removing the resistance. What if you choose to accept it? They say that "whatever you resist, persists."

What if you develop the bravery and confidence to push forward in the face of adversity?

Those are some good traits to have on this journey through life...

What if you shift all of your focus away from those who resist the change you are making in yourself, and start focusing 100% of your attention on the things that support you and get you to where you are going quicker?

After I decided to go off the well-beaten path and chose to live my dreams, I finally stopped paying attention to the people saying I can't or shouldn't, and I pressed forward.

After I accepted my course, and was confident in my actions - all those people who once tried to hold me back actually began supporting me.

It's as if when I changed, the world around me changed as well.

I developed the confidence in my direction and people supported it.

But it was only after I made the decision to accept my course and tune out the haters. The more I resisted them, the more they began appearing in my awareness.

Yes, they are still there, but they don't hold me back. They don't hold up my time. They don't waste my energy.

Looking back, realizing that there are a lot of haters out there who try to keep you down and hold you back from achieving your goals. I realized one thing.

They don't matter.

Be confident in your course.

Focus on your purpose and mission going forward, and don't let anything get in your way.

You are in control.

You are in full control of your emotions when something is standing in your way. Do you create that emotional struggle within yourself? Or do you accept the world for the way it is and keep putting your energy into what's important for you? Into your dreams, your direction in life, and your goals.

Or do you choose to give up your control to others and let things get in the way?

Which choice will get you to where you want to be faster?

What I'm starting to do now is to set my goal of exactly what I DO want in life, and run full speed ahead towards it. I run forward, and I run some more.

I get hit by a car.

Am I ok? Yeah, it was a small bump - What would serve you better? Standing around trying to get revenge, crying for all to see, and being a crying baby about it? Would you try to defend yourself about how you are right and they are wrong?

Or do you get quickly brush yourself off and keep running towards your destination, not caring what others think of you.

Because you sure as hell won't get where you want to be if you choose to let anything get in the way.

And when you choose to move forward in the face of adversity, judgement, and ridicule - you develop bravery.

And bravery is one hell of a great quality to have as an entrepreneur, an innovator, and a disrupter of the status quo.

Bravery is what allows you to walk forward on your journey towards what you want to do in life, despite the adversity that will try to hold you back.

The only question is, will you choose to let it hold you back?

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Leo Hendrix

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
61%
Apr 15, 2014
Awesome stuff man, I can definitely relate to what you wrote.

As I've read: "They don't hate you, they hate themselves because your a reflection of what they wish they could be."

If they had the guts, persistence, determination, will to fin, fight, spirit and so on and so forth, they would at least attempt to break free of the drudgery of their accepted roles or fate in life and security of wage slavery/job security.

Sure people can argue it's hard out here, economy is in a mess, I don't have money and every other EXCUSE under the sun, yet they are willing and able to spend on expensive clothes, fancy dinners, fancy cars etc etc.

Let 'others' chase women while you chase your dreams, party to forget their hated job, take drugs to escape the dreaded reality some people live in etc.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.