The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Live your best life.

Tired of paying for dead communities hosted by absent gurus who don't have time for you?

Imagine having a multi-millionaire mentor by your side EVERY. SINGLE. DAY. Since 2007, MJ DeMarco has been a cornerstone of Fastlane, actively contributing on over 99% of days—99.92% to be exact! With more than 38,000 game-changing posts, he's dedicated to helping entrepreneurs achieve their freedom. Join a thriving community of over 90,000 members and access a vast library of over 1,000,000 posts from entrepreneurs around the globe.

Registration at the forum removes this block.

How Do you deal with people?

Topics relating to managing people and relationships

Richard Greene

Contributor
LEGACY MEMBER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
108%
Feb 25, 2018
Ohio
I am curious as to the different ways everyone deals with negative people. Mainly customers. I have noticed with some of my lower value offerings I always get a stampede of people that are rude, disrespectful, entitled and have no regard for others. Yet then they try to play the victim. It really gets me down. People will waste your time and degrade you and then laugh about it. I understand the psychology of why people behave the way they do but at the same time it depresses me. I follow the golden rule and even when faced with a person who in my opinion needs to go back to kindergarten, I smile, nod and act like they are right and are justified. Dale Carnegie's book How to Win Friends and influence people taught me that you have to put yourself in their shoes but what it didn't teach is how to deal with the psychological effects on yourself when dealing with these people.
No they do not make me feel bad about myself, they make me feel bad about the world we live in.
These people would pass a starving child in the street while eating a hamburger. It just makes me a little ashamed to be human.

Do you experience this? If so what do you do to keep your head up?

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Kennypaul

Bronze Contributor
LEGACY MEMBER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
165%
Mar 19, 2018
Nigeria
I simply practice "the subtle art of not giving a f*ck" by Mark Manson.Choose good values which benefit me and those around me.Be a better person than I was yesterday and focus on my goals.

Last edited:

Almantas

Nothing to Lose
LEGACY MEMBER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
475%
Dec 21, 2015
Ireland
I used to hide in a bush when someone called me out. Not anymore.

Why?

One simple, personal realization. I am not going to write an essay, just share this simple realization:

I see toxic people as someone who are sick and need help. Their cry for help is not one you normally get from people who sick from ordinary sickness - their cry for help is by trying to share their burden and toxic by unloading them onto you. It's like dealing with infected people. If you knew there's a village completely infected with Ebola virus - would you still go there naked and try to sell something, because there's a potential profit to be made? Don't think so. If you do and you finally get infected by Ebola - would you blame infected, innocent people or yourself - for making a silly decision of going naked into that unforgiving infected village?

I think there are 2 best options:

1) Put your hazmat suit and go into that village full of infected people - keep dealing with toxic people, just don't take it personally whatever they say and use your communication skills to produce positive results by dealing with them.

2) Don't go into that village - stop participating in that toxic communication dance altogether.

Hope my approach will be of some value to you.

Become a Fastlane Member Today to Read More or Comment.

This thread has
more posts!

Join MJ DeMarco's Inner Circle and Rub Shoulders with Other Millionaire Entrepreneurs

Imagine a multi-millionaire mentor by your side EVERY. SINGLE. DAY. Since 2007, MJ DeMarco has been the driving force of Fastlane, contributing on over 99% of days—99.92% to be exact! With over 38,000 posts game-changing posts, he's dedicated to helping entrepreneurs achieve freedom. Join 90,000+ members and access a vast library of 1,000,000+ posts from entrepreneurs worldwide.

Fastlane isn’t just another community led by an absent guru. By joining, you enter MJ’s inner circle—a supportive home where you’re never alone. Embrace true mentorship and transform your entrepreneurial journey with the Fastlane Forum.

Basic Membership (Monthly)

• Read all threads in the main forums/categories.
  • Post comments in existing topics.
  • React to any comment/post.
  • Sort big threads by best posts.
  • Cancel anytime

$5 per month

Join Now

Basic Membership (Yearly)

• Save 22% vs monthly
  • Read all threads in the main forums/categories.
  • Post comments in existing topics.
  • React to any comment/post.
  • Sort big threads by best posts.
  • 30% Off a Yearly GoalSumo.com Subscription
  • Cancel anytime

$47 per year

Join Now

VIP Insider Membership

• Same as basic plus...
  • Guaranteed read and response from MJ DeMarco*
  • Access to the private Insider forum for more advanced users.
  • Bookmark any posts
  • No non-sponsor ads
  • 50% Off a Yearly GoalSumo.com Subscription ($34 Value)

$119.88 per year

Join Now

* If you post any question or problem within the INSIDER forum, this guarantees MJ will read and respond to your post to the best of his ability at least one time. This guarantee does not imply a lifetime dialogue or a personal ongoing mentorship. Again, MJ has authored more than 38,000 responses at this forum since 2007.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.