The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success
  • SPONSORED: GiganticWebsites.com: We Build Sites with THOUSANDS of Unique and Genuinely Useful Articles

30% to 50% Fastlane-exclusive discounts on WordPress-powered websites with everything included: WordPress setup, design, keyword research, article creation and article publishing. Click HERE to claim.

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

How did you meet successful people (as friends?)

Topics relating to managing people and relationships

daniel_m

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
260%
Feb 26, 2019
One thing I've noticed not only in myself but other people as well, is that the deeper you dive into the journey of entrepreneurship, the less you relate to other non-entrepreneurs. Especially when you work as a one-man show and do it from home. You have a different schedule, a different outlook on life, and certain blessings that other people don't (like the ability to move on the fly and dictate your life in a more direct way). Because of this, it's not easy to be on the same page as people who are deep into a routine of work/school 5 or 6 days per week, and stuck with a certain mindset (which unfortunately seems to account for a massive percentage of the population).

So my question to those of you who have done it - how did you form a circle of other people who share the same blessings and mindset as you? And I'm not talking about people who are strictly business partners, mentors, or associates (though it's not a problem if they are) but rather people who you can honestly call close friends, and who are also around the same level as you, in terms of wealth/time/etc.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Spikeroo

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
82%
Aug 17, 2011
Merritt Island, Fl
One thing I've noticed not only in myself but other people as well, is that the deeper you dive into the journey of entrepreneurship, the less you relate to other non-entrepreneurs. Especially when you work as a one-man show and do it from home. You have a different schedule, a different outlook on life, and certain blessings that other people don't (like the ability to move on the fly and dictate your life in a more direct way). Because of this, it's not easy to be on the same page as people who are deep into a routine of work/school 5 or 6 days per week, and stuck with a certain mindset (which unfortunately seems to account for a massive percentage of the population).

So my question to those of you who have done it - how did you form a circle of other people who share the same blessings and mindset as you? And I'm not talking about people who are strictly business partners, mentors, or associates (though it's not a problem if they are) but rather people who you can honestly call close friends, and who are also around the same level as you, in terms of wealth/time/etc.

I never really had friends who had the same mindset, however, after long conversations with my current friends about my ventures, I've turned their mindsets, and motivated them to start doing their own things. I guess you can say instead of finding my circle, I created it.

User Power
Value/Post Ratio
0% - New User
Jan 11, 2017
Philadelphia

Hey, i'm a newbee here so take everything I say with a grain of salt. I had a similar issue, I was kinda floored by how little of a network I had.

I personally opted to hold and host few invite only networking events, and had(the few) entrepreneurial friends I have help me host it.

1st event had about 10-15 people max, but we all had great conversations and everyone was only 1-2 people away from each person in regards to their network. (Mostly on first name basis)

2nd event had about 40-55 people show up, ( i hired a photographer/ videographer to do some basic content of the first event)

3rd event (was in late February 2020) we hosted close to 90 entrepreneurs in Philadelphia.

All this to say, we didn't charge a penny, but the money i've made in friendships and opportunities since then has been unquestionable. Definitely going to do more of these once COVID clears up.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.