Primer
New Contributor
- Joined
- Aug 3, 2018
- Messages
- 41
Rep Bank
$370
$370
User Power: 215%
Hi everyone,
My name is Mick and almost 2 years ago, on the 19th December 2016 the company I was working at went bust overnight, with no warning. This day and date was specifically
Fortunately I got a new and better job within 24 hours, but also within 24 I started to build the product that had been sat in my brain for 18 months or so.
Since then I have worked my day job by day, and almost every night and every weekend since then I have been building my own thing, most night starting around 8pm when my child goes to bed and I'll work on till about 2 or 3am.
I also stopped listening to music in the car and now since that day my commutes have been purely for listening to audiobooks. I've gotten through dozens and dozens of books, most recently UNSCRIPTED (not finished it yet) and hence I am here.
I launched my product about a month ago and it's going ok. I am getting regular signups from all over the world but so far no-one has converted off of the free trial. I'm working on that, but I am being kept going by the fact that I am getting continual traffic and signups, which means (to me) that there must be some level of value in the proposition.
I'm here to learn.
@MJ DeMarco
My name is Mick and almost 2 years ago, on the 19th December 2016 the company I was working at went bust overnight, with no warning. This day and date was specifically
- 2 days before payday
- 6 days before christmas
- 17 days before the birth of my first child
Fortunately I got a new and better job within 24 hours, but also within 24 I started to build the product that had been sat in my brain for 18 months or so.
Since then I have worked my day job by day, and almost every night and every weekend since then I have been building my own thing, most night starting around 8pm when my child goes to bed and I'll work on till about 2 or 3am.
I also stopped listening to music in the car and now since that day my commutes have been purely for listening to audiobooks. I've gotten through dozens and dozens of books, most recently UNSCRIPTED (not finished it yet) and hence I am here.
I launched my product about a month ago and it's going ok. I am getting regular signups from all over the world but so far no-one has converted off of the free trial. I'm working on that, but I am being kept going by the fact that I am getting continual traffic and signups, which means (to me) that there must be some level of value in the proposition.
I'm here to learn.
@MJ DeMarco
Dislike ads? Become a Fastlane member:
Subscribe today and surround yourself with winners and millionaire mentors, not those broke friends who only want to drink beer and play video games. :-)
Access Restricted: Unlock 1,000,000+ Posts
Stop Peeking Through the Keyhole.
Open the Door.
You hit a wall because the best advice isn't free—it's earned. Since 2007, MJ DeMarco has been active here daily (99.9% active rate), building a war room for entrepreneurs who refuse to settle for mediocrity.
- Active Daily: Life-changing content posted dozens of times every day. No dead threads.
- MJ's Inner Circle: Direct access to the author of The Millionaire Fastlane.
- Vetted Network: Connect with founders scaling to 7 and 8 figures.
- Proven Roadmaps: Strategy over motivation. Execution over "hustle porn."
"SCALED TO 6-FIGURE MONTHS"
"Tips and advice here saved me from huge mistakes, others allowed me to scale my business to 6-figure months."— User MitchC
"INSANE QUALITY OF PEOPLE"
"The number of high quality people I've met from this forum has been insane. All of it predicated on building real value."— User Richard Peck
"You are the average of the five people you surround yourself with."
Are you surrounding yourself with success?
