The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Hi

Primer

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
215%
Aug 3, 2018
Hi everyone,

My name is Mick and almost 2 years ago, on the 19th December 2016 the company I was working at went bust overnight, with no warning. This day and date was specifically

1. 2 days before payday
  2. 6 days before christmas
  3. 17 days before the birth of my first child
The whole company got let go with no pay and no redundancy.

Fortunately I got a new and better job within 24 hours, but also within 24 I started to build the product that had been sat in my brain for 18 months or so.

Since then I have worked my day job by day, and almost every night and every weekend since then I have been building my own thing, most night starting around 8pm when my child goes to bed and I'll work on till about 2 or 3am.

I also stopped listening to music in the car and now since that day my commutes have been purely for listening to audiobooks. I've gotten through dozens and dozens of books, most recently UNSCRIPTED (not finished it yet) and hence I am here.

I launched my product about a month ago and it's going ok. I am getting regular signups from all over the world but so far no-one has converted off of the free trial. I'm working on that, but I am being kept going by the fact that I am getting continual traffic and signups, which means (to me) that there must be some level of value in the proposition.

I'm here to learn.

@MJ DeMarco

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.

More Intros...