The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Hi I'm New

Rooibosisboss

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
120%
May 9, 2015
Hello everyone,

My name is Matt and I happy to be here. I'm currently reading MJ's book and it has been quite motivating.

A little about me. I'm 26 years old and live in Pennsylvania. I graduated university with a degree in Business Administration. I started out as a Philosophy/English major, but when I realized and was told by other people how little real-world application that would have I switched to business. Long story short I basically languidly and slowly graduated at 25 with my degree after bouncing between semesters off, community college and legitimate university.

I've worked fairly consistently since early high school, 3 years one place, 2 years here, 2 years there. That sort of thing, but it never really bothered me because they weren't "careers" and even though I dreaded the prospect I still figured well I'll get a better job after school. Well, I now realize I'd put off and been lazy with school for so long because I just really didn't want that 9-5 decent job.

How do I know this?

Well last November, 2014, I got my first "real" job in Supply Chain/Logistics. Close to 50 grand a year. The full realization of what this job meant kept getting stronger and stronger and I kept getting sadder and sadder. The job wasn't too hard, but it was so draining and time consuming. I mean I worked from 10am-7pm (what happened to 9-5? everything is 8-5 now, which really bugs me when I look for jobs on job sites) and it took an hour driving each way. That's almost half the day. I had no energy to do anything. It was making me feel awful. After about 3 weeks into a 3 month training period I really started to feel it. I was going out to my car to eat lunch as I had every day. I was just looking at trees swaying in the wind of this parking lot at a business complex areas. I literally at that moment felt "I can NOT go back in there". I was down to either quit or hurt/kill myself. I literally was contemplating starting my car and crashing just so I had a reason not to go back. Luckily I chose the former, and told my boss my dad had been taken to the hospital as he has been battling cancer (cancer part is true and I felt terrible using that excuse). I left and basically quit. Time is just too important to me I'd rather be sad and owe money and be able to take a long walk on a Tuesday at 11 am, than be at a decent paying job where all my time is sucked up.

Since this new year 2015, I've just been a waking walking zombie. Just went and still go for long walks. I started reading and going to forums and one place suggested MJ's book. I has really lifted me and I hope I can turn some things around.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

MJ DeMarco

I followed the science; all I found was money.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
447%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
Welcome to the board and thanks for taking time to post an intro. Hope to cya stick around and change the walking zombie syndrome. :)

MoneyDoc

Platinum Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
273%
Jun 24, 2014
Welcome to the forum buddy.

You've come to the right place. Be sure to read all the gold threads, they're gold for a reason.

Ronnie Bryan

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
65%
May 4, 2015
Oklahoma
Not really new, been here before,but my thoughts were not right,life is changing and I see open highway. Presently , in Warr Acres, Oklahoma. Where are some of you from?

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.

More Intros...