The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Hey, who's that living my dream life!?

Anything related to matters of the mind

FDJustin

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
11%
Apr 30, 2010
Canada
Well, hopefully it's you. Or more precisely, you 2.0!

We all heard of "Fake it 'til you make it.", and some of you might recall me yabbering on about my eureka moment "Be who you wish to become.", which I can only assume is the exact same thing 'til someone gives me a clear definition of fakin' it.

So, the first thing to do to live your dream life is to figure out what kind of person you have to be to do it. Take some time to think of what alterations you need to make to yourself to be this person and write them down. Don't worry about getting it 100% right, life is growth after all.

Once you have the list, what you have to do next is simultaneously easy, and hard as hell: Live like that person. This means making choices that your upgraded self would make, developing the skill sets you defined needing, and acting on priorities you believe are necessary. Don't be afraid of a little whimsy, and go ahead and put down qualities you already posses.

Under the line is my personal example of my tenets:

How does he act?
He tries to see everything from all possible points of view, to understand where the potential is in something, how it would affect himself, and how it would
affect others, and or how it affects 'things'. (Example: Impact on an environment.)
He never puts off brushing his teeth just because when he gets ready to do it, he thinks of that food he wants to eat, or tea he wants to drink.
He doesn't drink pop, except as mix for alcohol.
He's careful not to shoot down ideas, even when pointing out flaws or rejecting them.
He does not give in to the temptation of the evil energy sucking store bought bread.
When presented with a message or idea that he can't find the value in, he makes situations to test it. This helps to 'get things' the first time around.

What does he value?
Monetary freedom. With it, there is no end to living.
Achievement - while a nondescript word, it means to see things through to accomplishment, or at least to a point where it can be set aside without regret.
Being superior. He values having a wide variety of skills and knowledges that can prove useful in many situations.
Creation. Not just the exploration of ideas, but actually bringing them forward, either directly or by tasking others to see it through.

How does he dress?
No matter what he's dressed in, he takes care to be presentable. This means clothing is reasonably wrinkle free and clean. Hair is done up, face shaven if
need be.
If possible, he will dress in a way that tells himself that he's important and successful. The idea is to feel that way, not impress others.

How does he spend his time?
He spents his time by improving himself, working on his projects, and relaxing. Of course, that isn't the extent of the time expenditure, but it's
important to him to achieve these three things daily.
He spends time in the moment. That means the majority of focus is on the now, not worrying about the future or obsessing over the past.

What are his talents?
He is skilled at regulating himself, so he can achieve time based goals every day.
He is highly capable at reading people, getting to understand their motivation and desire, so he can work with it.
He has trained his mind to get the overall picture immediately, then to let the details get figured out 'in the background', in place of annoying jingles,
stuck songs, and "continuing to argue with someone after the fight." or "Reliving regrettable moments."
He is very skilled at imagining with all the senses, and able to use this skill to "steal other peoples' ability" via putting himself in their shoes and
figuring out the mechanics.
Being time aware. In order to avoid whiling away many hours on things like he once had, simply because of a lack of time sense, he either consciously
remembers to track time, or uses something else to do it for him.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

ManWithABeard

Bronze Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
59%
Dec 28, 2010
Florida
I like this, this is pretty cool. I suppose I can contribute a bit by sharing my personal tenets as well...

Me 2.0

How does he act?
With a sense of confidence that he's always had since his teens, only a more mature sense of confidence.
Acts as if today is his last day on earth, minus the recklessness
Acts without a care in the world, and encourages others to act the same, a stress-free way of thinking.
is a gym rat, always has been, always will. Takes pride in his good health and fitness
Acts with a great sense of pride: pride in himself, what he's done, in his family, and pride in his community

What Does he Value:
Time.
Values his Family.
Health.
He values his beard. for his beard is epic.

How does he Dress?:
Conservative meets hip-hop. Classic fit shirts, slim pants, chuck taylors.
Wheres lots of lacoste. (has an unhealthy addiction to Lacoste polos)
loves hats.

How does he spend his time?
Spends some of his free time helping inner city youths, by teaching b-boy lessons and preaching the true essence of hip hop and hip-hop culture and how it brings people of all races, religions, sex together, teach them that gangs and violence is NOT the way to go and it is NOT hip hop.
With family; cookouts, taking hiking trips.
Driving winding backroads, in his exotic car.
Working on his latest business venture.

What are his talents:
Dancing (b-boy)
public speaking
Music
martial arts
Writing

kept it pretty simple. I am doing a more detailed one on paper though.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.