Hey there, everyone. I'm Tony. I'm 27, live out in the Pacific Northwest, am a writer/digital media specialist... and to be honest, I can't remember how I stumbled upon The Millionaire Fastlane but I'm glad I did. I've been self-employed since I was 22 though dabbled in freelancing here and there since 20. I've always wanted to create content though I suppose my passion is wanting to help people. I find myself in situations where I help consult others on things like resumes, finding jobs/starting their own freelance careers, and ghostwriting for them -- essentially giving them a voice or helping support them as they go after their own goals.
Admittedly though, I've been in a slump over the past year. Dealing with three deaths (my grandfather, my best friend, and our household pet), losing my main client whose basket I put all my eggs in (against better judgment), my sister deciding to uninvite me to her wedding as she didn't want some f*g there (I'm gay and my family, while oftentimes tries to accept me, still reminds me that I'm tolerated but not wanted), a subsequent failed suicide attempt, and recovering from it all -- 2018 was just a flaming shit wagon that I was happy to manage to bail out from before it careened off the cliff. I KNOW THIS IS A LOT TO JUST DUMP ON SOME RANDOM FORUM, ESPECIALLY AS AN INITIAL POST, HOWEVER... if I'm honest, among many other things I did to help myself, MJ's book is what helped light the fire under my a$$ to get back to work and remember to keep working towards a better life. And I promise, I'm actually doing a lot better; 2018 left a low bar for 2019 and while a lot of it was painful, I've never felt more clarity in my purpose than now.
At present, I still do client work helping people with SEO, content writing, web design, and "life coaching" (think job and personal branding guidance, not the pseudo-guru nonsense that saturates social media). I have two websites that I write content on, both geared towards success philosophy and being good to yourself and others. I'm also finishing up a book I've been working on for the past few years (which I hope to publish within the next month or so). And when I'm not doing all that, I like to read, play video games (one of my sites focuses on gamer culture and game design as well as how to apply game theory to life success), hike, and take photos of nature and what not.
But yeah... happy to be here and can't wait to meet and talk with some of you.
And MJ.. thanks for the book. I've always felt that there was more to life than the "slowlane" type philosophy but it's great to be validated by someone who's flung that to the wayside and defined his life as he wanted to. Like I said, it's given me the fire I've desperately needed and for once, work is fun and exhilarating again. So yeah.. if you read this.. thanks, man.
Admittedly though, I've been in a slump over the past year. Dealing with three deaths (my grandfather, my best friend, and our household pet), losing my main client whose basket I put all my eggs in (against better judgment), my sister deciding to uninvite me to her wedding as she didn't want some f*g there (I'm gay and my family, while oftentimes tries to accept me, still reminds me that I'm tolerated but not wanted), a subsequent failed suicide attempt, and recovering from it all -- 2018 was just a flaming shit wagon that I was happy to manage to bail out from before it careened off the cliff. I KNOW THIS IS A LOT TO JUST DUMP ON SOME RANDOM FORUM, ESPECIALLY AS AN INITIAL POST, HOWEVER... if I'm honest, among many other things I did to help myself, MJ's book is what helped light the fire under my a$$ to get back to work and remember to keep working towards a better life. And I promise, I'm actually doing a lot better; 2018 left a low bar for 2019 and while a lot of it was painful, I've never felt more clarity in my purpose than now.
At present, I still do client work helping people with SEO, content writing, web design, and "life coaching" (think job and personal branding guidance, not the pseudo-guru nonsense that saturates social media). I have two websites that I write content on, both geared towards success philosophy and being good to yourself and others. I'm also finishing up a book I've been working on for the past few years (which I hope to publish within the next month or so). And when I'm not doing all that, I like to read, play video games (one of my sites focuses on gamer culture and game design as well as how to apply game theory to life success), hike, and take photos of nature and what not.
But yeah... happy to be here and can't wait to meet and talk with some of you.
And MJ.. thanks for the book. I've always felt that there was more to life than the "slowlane" type philosophy but it's great to be validated by someone who's flung that to the wayside and defined his life as he wanted to. Like I said, it's given me the fire I've desperately needed and for once, work is fun and exhilarating again. So yeah.. if you read this.. thanks, man.
Dislike ads? Become a Fastlane member:
Subscribe today and surround yourself with winners and millionaire mentors, not those broke friends who only want to drink beer and play video games. :-)
Access Restricted: Unlock 1,000,000+ Posts
Stop Peeking Through the Keyhole.
Open the Door.
You hit a wall because the best advice isn't free—it's earned. Since 2007, MJ DeMarco has been active here daily (99.9% active rate), building a war room for entrepreneurs who refuse to settle for mediocrity.
- Active Daily: Life-changing content posted dozens of times every day. No dead threads.
- MJ's Inner Circle: Direct access to the author of The Millionaire Fastlane.
- Vetted Network: Connect with founders scaling to 7 and 8 figures.
- Proven Roadmaps: Strategy over motivation. Execution over "hustle porn."
"SCALED TO 6-FIGURE MONTHS"
"Tips and advice here saved me from huge mistakes, others allowed me to scale my business to 6-figure months."— User MitchC
"INSANE QUALITY OF PEOPLE"
"The number of high quality people I've met from this forum has been insane. All of it predicated on building real value."— User Richard Peck
"You are the average of the five people you surround yourself with."
Are you surrounding yourself with success?
