The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

[HELP] Need A Solution For Manually Editing Spun Articles

kwerner

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
19%
Oct 4, 2007
Hey guys, I've been using The Best Spinner to spin my articles, but when using their "best" or "best > better > good" spins, I still have to manually edit them, word by word, which can take hours.

The reason I do the manual editing is because I want them to be human readable and make sense because these articles are linking directly to my site, and I want them to be quality, not crap, just in case they get manually reviewed.

Does anyone have a solution for editing their articles quickly that retains a good level of readability? Or has anyone outsourced manually spinning their articles to someone?

Thanks.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

kurtyordy

Bronze Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
12%
Aug 28, 2007
PA
here is some help which is not exactly what you are looking for but what has helped me immensly.

If I can get well spun articles to output 500 articles and index rate of 50% and take me 5 hours (hypotheticol numbers to make the point) or output 5000 articles 10% index rate and it takes me 10 minute, which way am I better off?

kwerner

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
19%
Oct 4, 2007
Yeah, but for these particular articles, they're going to high PR article directory networks that are moderated, so it has to be readable.

Talisman

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
89%
May 19, 2011
Australia
Is it worth the time, on the chance they're manually reviewed to the point of pedantic readability? If you submit 500 and 50 get rejected, that's pretty good if you've only spent 1 hour on it, instead of 5. You can then update those 50 or not?

Are they articles you're going to get real traffic from, or just using for some SEO? SEO = who cares.. if they're going to generate traffic directly then yes they need to still read well.

If SEO and you still want the 50 rejected to get submitted, update those manually. Still a time saving.
If they need to be readable and you want all to get approved, you may still be better off paying someone to spend a few hours fixing them up, rather than blowing 5 hours of your own time.

That's how I'd approach it anyway, but I dont care about readability generally, just SERPs. :)

Good luck.

kwerner

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
19%
Oct 4, 2007
Are they articles you're going to get real traffic from, or just using for some SEO?

No, they're just for SEO, however, the articles that are posted to these particular networks are supposedly manually reviewed so if you submit a crap-spun article, they're not going to post it on their network. And I've found that links coming from this high PR network give my site better serp boosts than other places.

Gold777

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
32%
Nov 3, 2011
I have the perfect solution for you.

Edit your synonyms, that is all.

I use Article Spinner and when I first spun articles I also had to manually edit the articles by reading through them. I knew early on that this would be a huge problem in the long run because I have to put a few articles out every week for my sites. So to fix this I simply read through the article, looked at the words that didn't make sense then looked at what they were supposed to be. Went to the synonym dictionary and got rid of all the synonyms that didn't fit that word.

Time consuming? Yes, but if you read through a few articles and get rid of the bad synonyms for each one then the less you will have to edit. I'm at the point now to where if I spin an article it's at least 75% readable and in half the cases even 100% readable. Trust me once you have did this you will never look back. The more articles you do it for the more readable your articles will be after being spun. I'm at the point to where I know there's really no point in reading over the article because most of it will be readable. I do it every once in a while just to make sure they're almost completely readable but it's still less editing which mean it's less of a hassle to edit articles and it's less time consuming. It's really a breeze now.

If you would have did this when you first started then you would be at the point I'm at now. I'm not saying to go through the whole dictionary and edit each synonym but if you do it naturally for around 10+ articles then you will find that the majority of the time they will be pretty readable.

One last thing, you might find that a lot of the words will come down to only having 2-3 (sometimes less) synonyms and in my honest opinion that's ok. It definitely depends on how the words are being used in a sentence though but for now this technique works pretty well.

Hope this helps.

Gold777

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
32%
Nov 3, 2011
I forgot to mention that you could also add it to your reserved words, I particularly do this when I'm maybe in a hurry and don't feel like editing out all of the synonyms. So instead of deleting all of the bad synonyms I can just prevent the word from changing until I feel like editing them or if I just want that specific word to never be changed in context.

kwerner

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
19%
Oct 4, 2007
Thanks Gold777, that will really help a lot. I knew there had to be a way to add words I didn't want spun, just never knew how to do it for TBS until I youtube'd this video after reading your suggestion. Rep++ for you!

[video=youtube;WiIS5gQjUSA]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WiIS5gQjUSA[/video]

kwerner

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
19%
Oct 4, 2007
There's several of them out there, the one I was specifically referring to is ArticleRanks.

mlangley

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
26%
Oct 27, 2011
New Hampshire
Very cool, thanks. Do you use the Pro package? Are you using these types of networks for SEO clients? Or just personal sites?

Can you recommend any other good serp boosting networks?

Thanks again for the info.

kwerner

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
19%
Oct 4, 2007
Very cool, thanks. Do you use the Pro package? Are you using these types of networks for SEO clients? Or just personal sites?

Can you recommend any other good serp boosting networks?

Thanks again for the info.

Ya, sharing the pro package with another member. I just use it for my site.

Networks I've used - ArticleRanks, Unique Article Wizard, and Article Marketing Robot and AR works pretty good, UAW is okay and AMR is not so good.

Networks I haven't used - Build My Rank, Linkvana, and High PR Society are just a few off the top of my head. There are several more though.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.