The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success
  • SPONSORED: GiganticWebsites.com: We Build Sites with THOUSANDS of Unique and Genuinely Useful Articles

30% to 50% Fastlane-exclusive discounts on WordPress-powered websites with everything included: WordPress setup, design, keyword research, article creation and article publishing. Click HERE to claim.

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Hello!!

rkmalo1

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
129%
Sep 14, 2012
Chicago
Hello! I've been a long-term lurker and have read a few threads lately that have inspired me to finally start contributing (should have started a loong time ago). A brief background:

I still have a day job and I actually enjoy it BUT I am committed to starting something on my own. I work for a small company ( < 5 people) and we provide macro economic research to large hedge funds, banks, etc. My boss is on CNBC consistently and is very respected among the finance community, therefore it has allowed me to network and meet with some of the top bankers, hedge fund managers, etc. I have learned a lot and will be able to utilize my knowledge of investing throughout life.

I am also involved in an eCommerce store ( we provide growing supplies in the organic vegetable niche). I do not own/run this business but I do I have a small equity stake in it and am very involved in the day-to-day operations of it. My best friend owns it. It took him getting let go from his job in 2010 to get to the point at where he is today, pretty inspiring actually. So I have seen him and helped him go from a small ebay store to a website currently doing just over 800k (revenue) per year. I have learned about ebay, adwords, copywriting, setting up an company, etc through this work. Having this to fall back on as I make the leap into entrepreneurship is huge ( I currently make around 3k-4k per month helping him out - while it's still a job, it's been a great learning experience and a job I can do from anywhere).

The Millionaire Fastlane book really opened my eyes and I remember thinking to myself as I was reading it "WTF am I doing with my life?†I am really looking forward to starting something on my own, contributing here and learning more from you guys.

Thanks!

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

timmy

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
96%
Jul 29, 2013
Ireland
Timmy Ireland
Sorry man just had my 3 year old swipe the tablet at that exact moment to play angrybirds. Anyway best of luck in your fastlane . It is tough but the alternative scares me more.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.

More Intros...