What's new

Hello Future, I am Dave

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Live your best life.

Tired of paying for dead communities hosted by absent gurus who don't have time for you?

Imagine having a multi-millionaire mentor by your side EVERY. SINGLE. DAY. Since 2007, MJ DeMarco has been a cornerstone of Fastlane, actively contributing on over 99% of days—99.92% to be exact! With more than 39,000 game-changing posts, he's dedicated to helping entrepreneurs achieve their freedom. Join a thriving community of over 90,000 members and access a vast library of over 1,000,000 posts from entrepreneurs around the globe.

Forum membership removes this block.

IamDave

PARKED
Read Fastlane!
Joined
Jul 21, 2011
Messages
4
Location
Sunnyvale, CA
Rep Bank
$100
Hi I'm Dave!

At the time of this post I have just turned 32. I’m a former United States Marine (1997-2001) where I served as an Aircraft Rescue Firefighter. For the past 10 years or so I wage my battles as an interactive designer/developer, designing and developing basically anything that can be run on a computer or the interwebs. Right now I’m a User Experience designer for an on-demand media company in Silicon Valley.

I had the pleasure of being able to work for myself for about 8 years, but made some pretty big (and typical) mistakes that sucked the air out of my passion, thus thrusting me back onto the shoulder of the Fastlane. But that is changing, today.

It would probably be helpful to also talk about what I'm planning on doing to make my life-change happen. Well, I don't know exactly. I know it will be a web-based service (SaaS), with minimal time-requirements and maximum magnitude. I think I may have a niche idea, but quite frankly the time-suck of my JOB is curbing my efforts. Unfortunately I have so much student loan debt that quitting just isn't an option at this point. But I don't mind working nights on my own project, especially since the gratification of the productivity you can enjoy can enthrall you into a strangely awake posture at 3:00am :)

I’ve started up the Fastlane engine, shifted into 1st and am quietly waiting with the clutch in, foot poised to floor the accelerator, and white-knuckled hands squeezing the wheel in excitement.

I can’t frigging wait.:urock2:
 
Access Restricted: Unlock 1,000,000+ Posts

Stop Peeking Through the Keyhole.
Open the Door.

You hit a wall because the best advice isn't free—it's earned. Since 2007, MJ DeMarco has been active here daily (99.9% active rate), building a war room for entrepreneurs who refuse to settle for mediocrity.

  • Active Daily: Life-changing content posted dozens of times every day. No dead threads.
  • MJ's Inner Circle: Direct access to the author of The Millionaire Fastlane.
  • Vetted Network: Connect with founders scaling to 7 and 8 figures.
  • Proven Roadmaps: Strategy over motivation. Execution over "hustle porn."
"SCALED TO 6-FIGURE MONTHS"
"Tips and advice here saved me from huge mistakes, others allowed me to scale my business to 6-figure months."
— User MitchC
"INSANE QUALITY OF PEOPLE"
"The number of high quality people I've met from this forum has been insane. All of it predicated on building real value."
— User Richard Peck

"You are the average of the five people you surround yourself with."
Are you surrounding yourself with success?

Zuas dunqavis iyqisoipdi howit zua e jahi jief tvesv uwis nutv ug at! Gohasi uav xjisi zua'si fsowoph epf gmuus vjev qaqqz. :)
 
Access Restricted: Unlock 1,000,000+ Posts

Stop Peeking Through the Keyhole.
Open the Door.

You hit a wall because the best advice isn't free—it's earned. Since 2007, MJ DeMarco has been active here daily (99.9% active rate), building a war room for entrepreneurs who refuse to settle for mediocrity.

  • Active Daily: Life-changing content posted dozens of times every day. No dead threads.
  • MJ's Inner Circle: Direct access to the author of The Millionaire Fastlane.
  • Vetted Network: Connect with founders scaling to 7 and 8 figures.
  • Proven Roadmaps: Strategy over motivation. Execution over "hustle porn."
"SCALED TO 6-FIGURE MONTHS"
"Tips and advice here saved me from huge mistakes, others allowed me to scale my business to 6-figure months."
— User MitchC
"INSANE QUALITY OF PEOPLE"
"The number of high quality people I've met from this forum has been insane. All of it predicated on building real value."
— User Richard Peck

"You are the average of the five people you surround yourself with."
Are you surrounding yourself with success?

Back
Top Bottom