The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success
  • SPONSORED: GiganticWebsites.com: We Build Sites with THOUSANDS of Unique and Genuinely Useful Articles

30% to 50% Fastlane-exclusive discounts on WordPress-powered websites with everything included: WordPress setup, design, keyword research, article creation and article publishing. Click HERE to claim.

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Hello from South Florida

Jph

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
50%
Nov 21, 2013
Cocoa, Florida
Hello, John here from South Florida, USA.

Love the book and its straightforward message. Joined the forum a month or so ago after I finished reading the book, just joined INSIDERS today.

I have had my own technology consulting firm for more than a decade; Custom software programming, websites, systems integration, social media, internet marketing, process improvements, etc. I'm always implementing and creating for others, and making good money for the service I provided. But, it is a one man shop, so just like the book says, a business tied to the number of hours I put in is still a J.O.B. It doesn't matter if I'm charging $95 per hour or $195 per hour, there are only so many hours in the day.

I am looking for some direction in where I should be "working hard now so I can reap the benefits later." (Thanks Pat Flynn). 6 months ago I let a client talk me into going full time with a salary which has allowed me to get my finances settled down, and get rid of the ups and downs of consulting income due to chasing new clients and ones that owe me money.

I am looking to invest my extra time and some cash into creating a business that will help people be greater at what they do in business or personal life.

Probably going to create a SaaS or implement some app ideas I have, some games, some productivity tools, some not thought of yet.

Married with 2 kids in college and 1 soon to be. 6 figure income with 6 figure bills to pay.

Now, off to the inner sanctum to read, digest, then implement!

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Miguel Rengifo

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
17%
Jan 8, 2014
Hi John,

Just joined this forum just to respond to your post.

We seem to have a lot in common:
  • We're practically neighbors - I live in Delray Beach and work in Boca
  • We both have a web development consulting business "on the side"
  • We both have full-time jobs. By the way, where do you go to college? I work @ FAU.
  • We both have young families - I have a wife & 3 kids (7,6,3)
  • We both are looking to create a side venture to create a business which can grow on its own, help people, and make us extra money. I've been working on a few projects and I just launched my latest on 1/1/14.
Pretty impressive coincidences. Let me know if you'd like to grab a coffee or lunch or whatever. It would be good to meet you, tell you about the stuff I'm working on and see if you have any interest. Or you may have ideas I'm interested in.

Name's "Mig", good to meet you. Let me know.

southfloridakid

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
44%
Jan 8, 2014
Boca Raton, FL
Hello gentlemen, I am also from Boca Raton. I am 21 years old, college student and I own a trucking company with my dad. I would love to hear about the projects you guys are working on, maybe something connects and we can do something side by side.

Miguel Rengifo

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
17%
Jan 8, 2014
Hello gentlemen, I am also from Boca Raton. I am 21 years old, college student and I own a trucking company with my dad. I would love to hear about the projects you guys are working on, maybe something connects and we can do something side by side.
That would be great Razvan. What school do you go to?

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Miguel Rengifo

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
17%
Jan 8, 2014
Cool, I'm @ FAU every day. I work there. Let me know when you're in the area.

Btw, my dad had a trucking business for many years.

Jph

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
50%
Nov 21, 2013
Cocoa, Florida
Thanks for the welcome posts. I'm looking forward to meeting like minded individuals here at this forum, whether they are a half a mile away or half a world away!

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.

More Intros...