The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success
  • SPONSORED: GiganticWebsites.com: We Build Sites with THOUSANDS of Unique and Genuinely Useful Articles

30% to 50% Fastlane-exclusive discounts on WordPress-powered websites with everything included: WordPress setup, design, keyword research, article creation and article publishing. Click HERE to claim.

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Hello from England

liite

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
69%
Nov 2, 2011
Hello everyone. I have been "Lurking" in the background for a month or so now (Despite what my join date says, i have only been a member since Dec 2012) and decided it was about time i did an introduction.

I am 21 years old and from freezing cold, wet and dull England. The land where we all drink too much tea and have crocked teeth, apparently :rolleyes:

I have had ambitions ever since i was young to create something of value and to never have to "work" again. This is still and ambition of mine today, something i am working towards everyday. Be it through, furthering my knowledge in certain topics or conversing with already successful people.

From a young age i have been surrounded by successful people, including my parents themselves. However i have had it installed into me that nothing in this world is free and i wouldn't be given what i wanted when i wanted it (I consider it a blessing.) My parents both have very good educations but have never pressured me into going to University. They are incredibly supportive, especially my Dad who runs a successful business, and would rather see me create something for myself than working for someone doing something mundane and un-fulfilling.

My passion in life was martial arts, I achieved a Black Belt in Judo and went on to Achieve my 2nd Degree Black Belt in ITF Taekwondo. I had the opportunity to train with some of the best martial artists in the country and even some of the best in the world. I have trained and represented England for a brief period as well.This is also where i set up my first business. Myself and one of the other black belts set up our own school (Franchised from a local successful school) we ran classes 4 days per week aimed at children between the ages of 4 - 7. It was a school designed to teach children so that when they were old enough they could move onto our main "academy" It started out fantastic, our school quickly grew. Totaling 50 students on the books (Students were required to pay £100 pm for 3 years if they started at 4) I was also offering private tuition to other students and was able to charge what i thought (being 18 and only working 4 days per week for 3 hours a day) was great. However i started to see that this wasn't in the true spirit of martial arts, yes i had made a fairly successful business. But it didn't feel right, a "Black Belt" was guaranteed within 3 years as long as the student turned up regularly and paid. Despite ability, as long as they showed perseverance. Considering it took me years and years to obtain mine it felt like cheating. So my partner bought me out and off i went.

i am rambling now so i will try and wrap things up.

Several months later whilst playing a charity football match (actually within the first 2 minutes after kickoff) i was tackled very hard and suffered a double leg break, Breaking the Tib and Fib of my left leg. I had to have Pins and a bar put in, that went wrong and was removed, then they did a skin graph, that didn't work either. So my martial arts career and dreams were shattered and destroyed all in the name of charity (Not that it stopped me, last year i climbed the 3 highest mountains in England for British Lung Foundation, have a sky dive planned this year among several other things)

So now 21 years old, I own 2 Properties, a 2 bedroom ground floor apartment and a 4 bedroom house, bought using money i made from my martial arts and also a small inheritance from a family member. Mortgaged up to my eyeballs. The reason being that i have always been attracted to property due to the illusions of someone paying your mortgage and in 20 years you will have a house mortgage free!!...... This is where TMF came in and completely changed my mindset. Reading it was like being hit by a freight train, it has changed my look on wealth and how i can create something of value, accelerate it, automate it and have the potential to earn the money now, rather than waiting 20-30 years for it (Yes i know it isn't as simple as that but you get the idea)

ANYWAY, sorry for the long introduction, Cliff notes can be provided if necessary. And if they are too long i will draw a pritty picture for those of you that might require one :rofl:

Here is a picture of me during a Sparring session a few years ago with my training partner, picture taken by my dad (I'm the one on the left)

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Astute

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
53%
Jun 19, 2012
London, UK
Great intro. It's nice to see other young people achieve success and very inspiring to me, especially as you are a fellow Brit! Where are you in the UK?

liite

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
69%
Nov 2, 2011
Great intro. It's nice to see other young people achieve success and very inspiring to me, especially as you are a fellow Brit! Where are you in the UK?

Thank you! Although i most certainly wouldn't consider myself a success, not yet anyway! I am from Hampshire. So not too far from London. About an hour drive/ 40 minutes on the train.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.

More Intros...